Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

wheel advise needed?

been looking at a second set of wheels for a while now think i fond the ones i want, just need some advise from the wise about adaptor and rubber sizes.

wheels are 8x16 et34, what size adpators and rubber should i go for?

i was thinking a 25mm adaptor with 205/40's?!?

any and all help welcome as always

dave

Ideally you should be fitting a 205/45 to that wheel. Your speedo will read to fast with a 40 profile.

25mm spacer will push your wheel out about 6cm, i'm sure you'll have issues with that! I wouldn't bother with any spacer adapter on that wheel if you can help it.

i think 25mm is the thinest i you can get?!

and is that ture that the speedo will read to fast with a 40 profile, coz ive got 205/40's on the C now?!

Yeh it'll only be about 2-3 percent fast, your tyre will have a smaller circumference and so will rotate faster and put the speedo out.

I'm no expert on wheels and adapters but I doubt you wont be able to fit those on...

EDIT: Wheel offset calculator says 59mm over standard.

what PCD are the wheels you are trying to fit / convert from ? Dep on this you can get 20mm adapters off the shelf, but you can get 15 or even 12mm ones made up. 15 mm would make offset et20, wide-ass look just need 40 profile tyres and rolled arches then no probs. I was running et15 9x16 Borbet B's on my last rado and was fine.

I was running et15 9x16 Borbet B's on my last rado and was fine.

Well if that's possible you should be ok.

Guessing Audi or Merc wheels then pal ;-) these adapters are available off the shelf from either FK or H&R, in 20 mm widths. There is also a guy on here and ed38 called yoda who sells custom ones made by Forge Motorsport. Really good quality, proper helicoils as well. Yeah can't see it being a problem if I was running et15. 20mm adapters would give offset of et15 which is what I was running with no issues. I would be inclined to even go for 205 or 215 35 16 tyres.

Cheers and HTH

Bet they are AMG splits ? ;-)

Anyways, yeah, I was running 205 40 R16 toyo Proxes T1-S on my Borbet B's on my white G60, albeit with no adapters, but offset was still et15 (well et14) as it would be if you used 20 mm adapters on et34 Merc wheels. You WILL need to get the arches rolled though to avoid tyres catching, only about £100-£150 for all 4 arches tho pal. 35 profile better as allows you to go lower on coilovers or lowered suspension. Have got a few pics somewhere, ah here's a few ! Had Koni adjustables fitted.

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

OutsideStar301103.jpg

arches already done, and i dont have any real problems with the 9x16 DZ's.

wheres the best place to get 20mm adapters with helie coils as ive heard the fk ones arnt that good?

thanks for your help guys

Already said above mate, PM yoda on here or on ed38, think he does the aircraft-grade alloy (much better than steel and obviously lighter) ones, fully helicoiled with bolts for around £190 IIRC, the H&R ones are also good, but think are around £250....

Nope, sold them as needed funds at the time and ALWAYS regretted it.......one of my fav wheels but no use if running big brakes. Bought them from Bob of Westside who run's the green Rallye G60. There is another guy on here that has a set on his VR6, IIRC he converted from VR6 5-stud set-up to 4-stud narrow-track to get the wheels on !

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... et&start=0

been looking at a second set of wheels for a while now think i fond the ones i want, just need some advise from the wise about adaptor and rubber sizes.

wheels are 8x16 et34, what size adpators and rubber should i go for?

i was thinking a 25mm adaptor with 205/40's?!?

any and all help welcome as always

dave

Dave, the spacer of 25 means you'll miss the inside of the arch - but what about the outer edge??? - but then YOU do say you've got yours rolled out.

As for tyre sizes, just have a look at The Tyre Bible to use the calculator, taking that standard is 205/50/15 (from the Wiki). That shows a 205/40-16 giving a 2pmh under-reading; a 205/45 would be better, as Trig said.

_leon_, send us a pm we size an a price when ya ready to sell mate

also i would love to have some dz exclusives,that would be my next choice in rim,might have to sell me borbets already :lol: