rado-steve

My 1.8T Rado......End of the adventure.......Gutted!

Eeek!!

My 20V Turbo Conversion has finally been started!

DSC00004.jpg

Ooops! No Return Now!

DSC00005.jpg

Anyone wanna buy a 1.8 16V Motor?????

Will update with a few more pics as the conversion goes along!

Can't wait

Steve

Edited by rado-steve

That's gonna be one rare car! - A nugget 20VT Storm! :wink:

Good luck with the conversion mate, looking forward to seeing the progress

Thats gunna be sweet mate can't wait to see it all finished and working "Good work mate" 8)

are you using the full oe loom, clock , keys for the 1.8t or different management, keep the pics flowing

are you using the full oe loom, clock , keys for the 1.8t or different management, keep the pics flowing

De-transpondering the ECU, Can't use my clocks now as they're bloody cable speedo :(, so gonna have to find some 2.0 16V from somewhere!

Arse!

Is this at Andy Ls house? well I know it is cos I can see all his sh't in the background lol

Might pop round and have a look at it when you are about. Are you getting involved or just leaving them to it?

De-transpondering the ECU, Can't use my clocks now as they're bloody cable speedo :(, so gonna have to find some 2.0 16V from somewhere!

Arse!

Once you get the later spec dials, jabba I think do a conversion module so the RPM works ;-)

Good luck with the conversion, give me a shout if you need to check anything or get stuck.. I'm sure you'll be fine, its a pretty easy conversion but give me a shout none the less..

Ben

Once you get the later spec dials, jabba I think do a conversion module so the RPM works Wink

?

I was under the impression that the ME7 kicks out the wrong signal for the RPM.. therefore you need to convert the signal so that you get an accurate readout for the corrado dials... or am i getting mixed up with the speed?? Its one of them.. ???

Once you get the later spec dials, jabba I think do a conversion module so the RPM works Wink

?

I was under the impression that the ME7 kicks out the wrong signal for the RPM.. therefore you need to convert the signal so that you get an accurate readout for the corrado dials... or am i getting mixed up with the speed?? Its one of them.. ???

Part right, it's the Speedo that wont work, The 2.0 16V clocks run direct off the speed sensor in the box and the 20VT sends the signal through the ECU so I need the magical doo dah from Jabba to make it work!!!

Is this at Andy Ls house? well I know it is cos I can see all his sh't in the background lol

Might pop round and have a look at it when you are about. Are you getting involved or just leaving them to it?

Aye it's Andy Leigh's house! Was watching Andy do the wiring tonight.........very very scary!!!

A Few more pics!

Rusty Battery Tray! Mmmmm Not Good!!!

DSC02414.jpg

Delete option on the wiring! Thats the stuff thats being skipped :eek:

DSC02419.jpg

Gotta Order a new Battery Tray from the stealers (Frickin' £65 +Vat) then relocate the water reservoir brackets and PAS brackertry then get the engine bay painted before the motor can go in!!

cool..

whos doing the conv?? thought you'd sold the valver lump???

He has, it will be in my mk2 golf tomorrow... 8)

and the count down begins......when will it end up on it's roof!?!?!

Heeeyyyy! No Fair! I've only put one on it's roof, several times LOL!!!

steve, you've crashed every car you've ever owned.

correct me if I'm wrong! and if I am, you mus t list the ones you have crashed along side the ones you haven't.