Sign in to follow this  
Deluk

1.8 kr cam's in 2.0 16v 9A :)

whats the best engine mod on the 2.0 16v what about a chip? i see that the ecu will take one, i have pro filter and the wipers that dont lift off at 60-100 :) ,

the wur mod ? i had this on my 1.9 polshed 16v golf 165bhp :) stelth made the engine for me, if i go down there(booked up) he will rolling road it for me and do the wur mod on the car it was free for me last time cus i payed for the engine i wonder how much its to have the C tuned and this wur mod done.

love the site guys been so much help sorting out things on my C and how do i get a sig o my car in that box of under my text

thx

Deluk

Don't think you can do the WUR mod on the 9A 2.0 16v. Only KR 1.8 16v.

Get a KR inlet cam and RR tune. Vince quoted me around £200 for the tune a few months ago.

Around 10-15bhp. With a RR tune, I would think around 20bhp. You'll be up over 170bhp with these and a ported/polished head.

I put in a KR cam in my last 2 litre ABF and all it did was make it flat on top end, as flusted said leave it be as they are good cams to start off with.

I converted my old golf with the full ABF management and running gear and once it was remapped it was pushing close to 180bhp

Oops, didn't read properly- thought you were talking about a 9A 2.0 16v :oops:

As the others said, no point in putting the KR cam into an ABF...

Prob a 9A, mate. It would've need a transplant otherwise- not a great deal of point in doing that imho.

so not that much i can do to the 2.0 16v apart from port&poish on the head and thats like £1000 to get done :shock:

na its 9A my bad mate i was a bit pissed (drunk) lastnight lol , was just reading about abf's before i posted

:lol:

Get yourself a KR cam and a RR tune at Stealth. You should see at least 150 bhp, maybe 160 bhp if you're lucky. I got a pair of KR cams (exhaust and inlet) for £25 delivered.

You can actually modify the exhaust cam and get that fitted. This will give even more than just swapping the inlets. Talk to Stealth about it :wink:

I went for the inlet in the end as it's a simple straight swap.

so you got em both for 25 lol and just fitted the inlet one, and the exhaust had to be modded like a bit removedi will phone them, and does a 9a have a ecu chip e-eprom there is one on d-bay atm, or does stealth re-map that for ya?

thx

Deluk

none on d-bay atm :( i might ring up some golf ppl i know would i need a low mileage engine? or dont it matter much?

yeah that what i was thinking thx caz btw i am 33 and i live in swindon just dwon the road from you :)

Two old timers! Was thinking about a mini-meet sometime soon as there's quite a few guys around here. Bit tied up with the new bab at the mo' though!

Keep an eye on the events announcements.