herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Yeah it will look sweet lowered. Are you saving to get a decent setup?

I see what you mean about the heater rings, but you have beige interior which is quite bright anyway so i can see how chrome bits everywhere can make it look too bright, whereas the black interior is very dark and these just brighten it up a bit and add a bit of life to the interior :lol:

Goldie, cheers mate. Yeah will be good to see yours in the metal again as well, it looked mint at Stealth when i saw it! Especially the interior 8) mmmmm beige :lol:

cheers dude :wink:

Goldie, cheers mate. Yeah will be good to see yours in the metal again as well, it looked mint at Stealth when i saw it! Especially the interior 8) mmmmm beige :lol:

cheers dude :wink:

No worries mate 8)

herisites - interior is awesome! That's exactly the look I'm going for to brighten up my black leather interior. I've done my gauges and reversed the polarising film - but need to do all the internal switches - could you pm me or mail me some info on this?

Cheers

herisites - interior is awesome! That's exactly the look I'm going for to brighten up my black leather interior. I've done my gauges and reversed the polarising film - but need to do all the internal switches - could you pm me or mail me some info on this?

Cheers

Yes mate, PM sent :)

I am sorting out a group buy for the chrome heater control rings HERE if you are interested post in the thread or let me know and i will put you down on the list.

:)

I got bored today so thought i would take off my rear wiper. So i went to halfords and bought some blanking gromets to fill the hole in then come home and followed the guide in the Knowledge Base. It was a piece of pi$$ to do and only took about 5 minutes. I couldnt get any Rain-x though so i will just have to put up with lots of water on the back window for a while. Where can i get some rain-x from?

Here are a couple of pics 8)

Rob.

I thought Halfords normally did Rain-x. Thinking of doing this to mine since my rear wiper is redundant ever since I foolishly took my 'rado to the stealers to have a start problem fixed.

They must have disturbed something in the fusebox since the wiper hasn't worked since. It's not the motor, I've replaced that. It squirts but doesn't wipe. I've had the fuses checked and they're all apparently fine. Mystery.

Tidy job by the way Rob. Yours has got to be one of the tidiest, most immaculate looking 'rados around.

Thanks alot guys, there are loads of nice tidy rados on this forum so im not going to get big headed :lol:

The guy i asked in halfords didnt know what i was on about when i asked for some rain-x :lol: i will have to check CT Autoparts i bet they will have some.

What else do you do with the gromet to make sure no water comes in? Did you slap a bit of sealant around there too or anything? Keep thinking about de-wipering my rear window too.. who cares about functionality! :D

The grommet i got was from B&Q and doesnt need any sealant, its a very tight fit.

The Halfords ones are too slack...

The grommet i got was from B&Q and doesnt need any sealant, its a very tight fit.

The Halfords ones are too slack...

Yeah it does seem a bit slack, there was a rubber seal on there when i took it apart so i might put that back on and then put the gromet back in and see if that makes much difference.

Jim, the rear wipers are useless anyway, get it off!! :lol: looks much smoother and neater at the back now.

Sorted now, i just went out and put the rubber washer/seal back on under the gromet and now its really tight, no way any water is going to get through now :D

Did mine couple of months back, I used Silicone sealant underneath to be safe.

Saloon cars don't usually come with rear wipers anyway so why worry about functionality. Who would buy a Rado just cus it's got a rear wiper :lol:

Well its raining now and no doubt will again tomorrow and the next day etc :lol: so i will check to see if any water has got in and if there has then i will use some silicon on it as well!

I will colour code it eventually as well as i want to colour code my passat door handles and if i get one of those model corrados i am going to spray that too :D

Looks very smart with no rear wiper 8)

Seen Ballys a few times looks good...has to be the best bed for under a pound!!!!!

Think I might do mine...what size grommit did you use???

Cheers

Cheers mate :D I think it was a 19mm gromet. I just went to halfords and bought a pack with 19, 22 and 24 gromets in i think. As said above though its not very tight so water might get in so i left the rubber washer/seal on and then put the gromet in and now its very tight so shouldnt let any water in.

Its a great mod and only takes 10 mins to do and really does make the arse look smooth 8)

Was at Halfords today as well! Thanks will grab some tommorow, need to get some german plates as well, sods law will probably get pulled over though!

looks alot better.. I would seal of underneath the gromit with silcon...

also make sure the rear wiper water nozzle is sealed as they sometimes leak...