Sign in to follow this  
Ryan S

Ryan's Burgundy Pearl Metallic VR6

loks spot on mate, really god to see him in good hands. The cream leather looks like its come up a treat

Gav

:!: I didn't clean the leather - just the carpets! (and some of the other trim)

VR6 Grill badge now added. :wink:

Had a spirited drive across the A43 to Northampton this week - muchos fun - just too much traffic.

Stan - the black VW badge has flown to pastures new - along with my black grill - it helped improve a neglected C...

Stan - the black VW badge has flown to pastures new - along with my black grill - it helped improve a neglected C...

Thats ok then ;)

Picked up a set of D90's today - Hurrah!

Came with tyres, 7J & 8J and centre caps - the faces are good, but there's a few marks on the edges of the rims.

Got to get them home for a clean tonight - then out with the calculator to decide which mm adapters I need.

8)

Lucky git :lol: the D90's really appeal to me on a rado, i quite fancy some on mine but i have already got some lined up courtesy of Bendy so i will stick with them for now.

See you on wednesday mate :)

Rob.

Cool - they look far too clean though... :lol:

Oh - I almost forgot - the small black panel that sits behind the front spoiler (in front of the driver side wheel) has come away at the front (wondered what was making that dragging sound?!?!) - is it important? or can I do without it.

I think the fixings are knackered, so it's doubtful it'll go back on.

Well I took it to Stealth on the 22nd for a full service - money well spent I feel (Vince even recognised the car). Also asked them to set the Coilies a bit higher and do the wheel alignment (still pulls to left slightly, but I need to match the tyres and get wheels balanced before I investigate further). No more crunching over speedbumps – hurrah – although it would look slightly better 5mm lower!

Still looks great, you should see the looks on peoples faces when I pull up at my sons nursery to drop him off – they must think I’m lost until they see the car seat come out…the Dad’s are the funniest.

It surprised me this am by going a silly speed, I went into work later and there was little traffic a nice clear rd and a few more revs than usual… I had a shock when I looked at the speedo, it didn’t feel THAT fast! I’ve never been as fast in a car before - soon slowed down to a normal rate – hopefully no plod were around.

Also got my mats from JustMatz – they look good, although aren’t quite the same shade as the boot mat (not that you would be comparing the 2 side by side).

Unfortunately the D90’s won’t be going on – I keep forgetting this isn’t my ‘toy’ car.

So I can’t justify shelling out for the adapters (and maybe new rubber) – so I’ll have them up for sale soon, bit of a bugger, but I’m skint.

Next on the list – get the new number plates sorted.

Oh forgot...

Got to get a clamp for the exhaust as it's knocking. I wouldn't have noticed it, but the guys at Stealth mentioned it, and now I can hear it all the time!

Sounds good Ryan, shame about the wheels mate they would of looked awesome! But if you cant justify them then there's no point in keeping them really. Do you still want to swap rear lights at some point?

Rob.

Yeah I'm still wanting to swap if that's ok.

I like the look of them but they're bound to get me in trouble.

Removed original tax disc holder (huge, tatty, square white thing) and replaced with small round magnet type - much neater. Also found most of the tax discs since forever still in the holder :)

Must take some pics later...

^^ Alright, alright - don't rub it in!

Seeing yours on the silver roses was the main reason I wanted them.

I really can't afford to get it all sorted atm, and the sensible thing is to sell them on.

Got the current tyres sorted today (snuck out at lunch) now have a pair front to back as opposed to side to side!!! Hopefully this will cure the acute pulling to the left syndrome the car has had. Also got the slow puncture sorted, and they guy fitted new brackets to the exhaust - so no more banging...it's starting to get there - wherever that is...

Well - it's much improved now the tyres are sorted.

But it's still (only slightly now) pulling to the left.

Any ideas why this might be so - bearing in mind the suspension and alignment is sorted, and the tyres now match front to back.

I was told by the company that did my tracking that it's meant to ever so slightly pull left so if you fall asleep at the wheel there's less chance of you going head on in to on coming traffic...

Don't know how true that is but it's what they said :?

I've heard that before.

But I want it straight!

Surely if it's set straight it should run straight?

I had the Bora tracking done (shout to Tyreservices in Ludlow) in August this year because it was doing the same - and that's been spot on ever since...

Why not get them to do your tracking then? Maybe it needs to be set to the right slightly to acheive what you're after?

I also heard that cars slightly pull to the left to avoid head ons with oncoming cars if you fall asleep. Its annoying but i suppose its a good idea :lol:

Rob.