Sign in to follow this  
DanA

Shell V-Power fuel replaces Shell Optimax

Just had this Email from Shell:

Shell V-Power is the new and improved fuel which replaces Shell Optimax today. The high octane quality, combined with its optimised formulation, are designed to provide improved performance in many modern cars.

Shell V-Power contains Shell’s unique FMT (Friction Modification Technology) which is designed to reduce friction inside your engine, helping the car run more efficiently. This is the same FMT that is used by the Formula One Ferrari team in their 2006 racing fuels.

Combined with an Octane Rating of 99 RON* and high detergency to help protect your car against harmful deposits, Shell V-Power can help you get more performance and responsiveness from your engine.

I have seen V-Power for at least the last two years in nEurope, I believe every station that sold Optimax will now be selling V Power

I have seen V-Power for at least the last two years in nEurope, I believe every station that sold Optimax will now be selling V Power

About feckin time! 8)

I filled up with V-power this morning on my way to work, it just had normal 95 RON in it before, i can definately notice the improvement!

Mine cost 99.9 this morning, i dont use tesco so i dont know how much it is but its bound to be cheaper no doubt. Ultimate is over a £ here :shock:

xbones, when we travel over to the IOM I hate paying the rip off price on the forecourt, especially when you can see several oil rigs on a clear day from the island!!!

reading all the articles that talk about the vmax roll out, it sounds like it going to run alongside optimax...that would be daft though.

this weeks cheapest super cam from tescos at winchester...93.4p a litre for 99ron ;)

...Tesco and our local Shell station are turning out 95 RON for 91.9 in Southampton today. Curiously, the Optimax seems to be sticking at 98.9 like it's been for the past fortnight???

this weeks cheapest super cam from tescos at winchester...93.4p a litre for 99ron ;)

Last time i went in there it was over £1!!!! I might pop up there next time i need a fill, although I just filled up at sainsburys for about 89p/l, I had one of those 5p/litre off vouchers.

99.9 :x It's 103.9 over here for 97RON

I think I paid 103.9 for Optimax when I filled up last weekend, and this is Surrey.

All the stations around me have replaced Optimax with V power - more or less overnight! I bet they've just changed the pump labels first and will only put V power in there when the existing stocks of Optimax runs out.

Can't say I've noticed any difference using it.

Seems to be 99.9p across the board, probably a marketing excercise as Coxy says, i.e. 1p per RON!

My local ESSO was up to 104.9 recently on Supreme, dropped to 100.9 randomly the other day though. They bump up the prices for all the holiday makers... :roll:

My old man works for shell and they had a big launching do for the V-Power this week. They closed off the road just outside waterloo and drove a load of top notch Ferraris up and down including F1 old and new, 250 GTO, Daytonna etc.

Must have been quite a sight!

used v-power in belgium last week' date=' didnt seem that much better over optimax[/quote']

I would think that was 98 ron though mate?

I think you can only get 95 ron v-power in hollamd :(

Just been reading about BP Ultimate 102 (102 octane) in EVO (p29). It's handmade in small batches & will be available in 8 petrol stations. Now for the price: £2.40 / litre! It's very advanced stuff by the sound of it & is the only petrol not classed as carcinogenic. The formula changes between summer & winter.

Apparently it's aimed at trackday pilots & on a Porsche GT3 they remapped the ECU to produce an additional 48bhp (up by 12.5 percent), so it does seem to work. Without the remap it only put the power up by 25bhp