Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

9x16 on Late VR

Ok guys..... Just alittle advice if I may ???? :roll:

So I've got a VR which is wide track......

What I'm thinking is running with 16x9 design 90s at the rear with 25mm adapters....

Will I have major issues with rubbing??? The last thing I want to start doing is messing with my arches!!!!!

or shall I just stick with 8's....

I would prefer 9's as I love how fat they look from the rear... 8)

At the very least you'll have to trim the return lips on the rear arches... What offset are the 9" D90s? With the adaptors you should be aiming for ET23 or lower ideally, to avoid hitting the suspension arms, especially if you're running coilovers.

At the very least you'll have to trim the return lips on the rear arches... What offset are the 9" D90s? With the adaptors you should be aiming for ET23 or lower ideally, to avoid hitting the suspension arms, especially if you're running coilovers.

Cheer fella...

TBH I'm not sure what the ET would be on 9" D90s....

I'll have to try and find out what they are????? So your saying et23 tho...??

they'll be something like 55 or 53 IIRC

tho IMO..........wide wheels on a C especially massively wide on the rear looks naff.....its not like you need them for traction with it being FWD is it

they'll be something like 55 or 53 IIRC

tho IMO..........wide wheels on a C especially massively wide on the rear looks naff.....its not like you need them for traction with it being FWD is it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mate you crack me up....... I always know there's gonna be an answer with an opinion..... :lol: :lol:

Got to give it to you matey.... Your one funny guy...!!! :lol:

Anyhow.... I see what your saying and have often thought that too, but I just love the stance of a wide ended Corrado....

So if they are something like 55 or 53 with 25mm aapters what would that bring the offset to????

I think they are ET52 - which would mean with 25mm adaptors you will take the ET to ET27... which may still be a bit close and you may need 2mm spacers, or if you use 30mm adaptors you may find they will stick out too far.

M15 VW has ET25 Borbets on the rear of her C and they rub a bit (she has a 100mm drop), however they fit over her coillies and brakes and dont stick out too much... 9's arent the easiest thing in the world to fit onto a VR, seems to be easier to put 'em on valvers/G60's.... if you do go ahead with it aim for ET25...

I think they are ET52 - which would mean with 25mm adaptors you will take the ET to ET27... which may still be a bit close and you may need 2mm spacers, or if you use 30mm adaptors you may find they wont fit over coilies - if you have them

M15 VW has ET25 Borbets on the rear of her C and they rub a bit (she has a 100mm drop), however they fit over her coillies and brakes and dont stick out too much... 9's arent the easiest thing in the world to fit onto a VR, seems to be easier to put 'em on valvers/G60's.... if you do go ahead with it aim for ET25...

Nice one mate... So purchasing the 25mm adapters will be the way forward???

Am I right by thinking the adapters can only be purchased in 5mm at a time like 5,10,15,20,25 etc.??

I'm planning on running 8J's at the front... Presumably the 25mm adapters will be perfect for them???? :)

best idea is find out for definate the ET of the wheel - then work out how much you need to take of them to get to ET25 and see if you can get adaptors to fit... if you know what I mean.... if they are ET52 then 25mm adaptors may make them rub the coillies so you might need to adjust them slightly with spacers...

find out the correct ET for them and take it from there!!!

if your running 8's at the front you want to take them to about ET35, so again, find out the actual ET and take it from there....

best idea is find out for definate the ET of the wheel - then work out how much you need to take of them to get to ET25 and see if you can get adaptors to fit... if you know what I mean.... if they are ET52 then 25mm adaptors may make them rub the coillies so you might need to adjust them slightly with spacers...

find out the correct ET for them and take it from there!!!

if your running 8's at the front you want to take them to about ET35, so again, find out the actual ET and take it from there....

Sorted.... So on a Wide track Corrado VR the rear ET needs to be around ET27 to clear the coilies and maybe just miss the arches....

The fronts need to have an ET35, so when I find the offsett out on a 8x16 d90 I'll be able to work out the thickness of the adapters needed...

Phew!!!!!

All complicated stuff..... :?

Sorted.... So on a Wide track Corrado VR the rear ET needs to be around ET27 to clear the coilies and maybe just miss the arches....

ET25... ET27 might hit the coillies. it depends on your suspension....

good luck!!!

Yep me thinks you will have issues with a et27 and even a et25, im running 9's on the rear of mine and there a et20 and its still mighty close to rubbing on my coilovers, it dont but any higher and it would!!

I think they are ET52 - which would mean with 25mm adaptors you will take the ET to ET27... which may still be a bit close and you may need 2mm spacers, or if you use 30mm adaptors you may find they will stick out too far.

No i dont. I have 9 x 16 et 15 on the rear with a 100mm ish drop and 7.5 x 19 et 20 on the front.

9" Porsche rims are usally et60 ish we usally run a 35mm adapter on the 9"s and its still very very close to the beam. I would go 40mm to be safe of the beam but if your looking for a -50 or more drop you will need to trim the archs...

You are trying to fit a wheel 2.5" wider than vw intended with another 1" out into the arch.. YOU NEED to have your archs rolled to carry out this part of your project correctly

Just to show you also that 9"s dont have to stick out from the archs...

No i dont. I have 9 x 16 et 15 on the rear with a 100mm ish drop and 7.5 x 19 et 20 on the front.

Ahhaa a person that is actually running 9Js at the rear.... Please save me the headache and tell me what I need to do, seen as your probably the best advice I can get..... :?

Although a thanks to everyone else who has been giving me advise!! :oops:

Depends how low you want to go and what suspension you have got.

Ive got Highsports and am on about a 100mm drop. If you want to go low its best to get harder suspension (like the highsports) to minimise tyre catching. I had AKs on it before this which were fab but i only changed so i could go lower.

Tyre choice is also critical as you need something that has a nice curved shoulder when stretched. Ive got Avon ZZ3s on my 9s and they are fab!! As its quite low, the rear do catch but only on harsh dips in the road at speed and as for speed humps, well, you have to learn how to go over them :lol:

Im getting round the catching problem by using two piece rear discs and having the centres machined down by 3mm.....I have not fitted them yet so I shall let you know how they are when they on but i can only imagine they do the trick.

If you want to know anything else just post or pm me.

Cheers

Nikki

M15 VW,

Cheers for that.....

I want 9j rears and 8j front... please tell me what et i'll need and what adapters are you using ah and thickness???

Im not using any adaptors. Ive had to use 5mm spacers on the front to get over the calipers.

My fronts are 7.5 x 16 et 20 but with the spacers it takes it down to et 15 and the rears are 9 x 16 et 15 no spacers.

The et and thickness of adaptors depend on what offset the wheels are originally and the thickness of the adaptors which again in turn is going to change the offset of the wheels.

8j 16 have an et52

Cheers matey...

I have found 2 8js and also another set that are 2 8x16 + 9x16...

I think i may have real problems with the 9's so.... On the look out for another 2 8j's

Are these wheels definatly 9" wide and design 90's as i have never seen them in 9" before ?