Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

9x16 borbets,what size tyres u recommend?

Laura had 215/40-16 Toyo Proxes T1S on her 9x16 Borbet Ts and the stretch was just perfect - not too silly but enough to look good. Bear in mind that one manufacturer's 215 may actually be narrower than another's 205.

on my 9x17's ive got a 215/35/17, not to much of a stretch on them, just enough to follow the contour of the arch!!

on my 9x17's ive got a 215/35/17, not to much of a stretch on them, just enough to follow the contour of the arch!!

What brand tyre have you got on your 9x17's?

I have the same size tyre on my 9x17's, they are dunlop sp9000's and they look mega stretched.

Would like to know if theres another brand that does that size and dont look so stretched.

hey james, there hancook (sp) could be wrong on the stretch bit tho as i had a 195/40/16 on my old 9x16's so compared to that its less stretchy!!!

195/40/16 on 9J

come on guys shoot me down and tell me im wrong

Did the Rs's you got from Ryan come out at 9 in the end then Furki?

Matt

def going lower, unfortunately i only finished the car 8am saturday monring

pkripper - the dish's you saw me with on weds night turned into the above pic, forgot that night already? Ryan gave me 7's and 7.5's

right i know feck all about what brands are good,just rang a place an they have got some falcons? 215/40/16,210quid for 4 fitted,is that a good price?are they any good?he also had good years @ 60quid a tyre would i be better gettin them?

if you take a look at the Tyre bible, you can see he's not a fan of streched, but the calcualtors say anything up to 235 wide still needs a 40% profile and not 35. But anything smaller than a 225 and the calculator says yu need a 8.5j rim. 225 sounds stretched to me. Wouldn't go lower than 215 IMO.

Having said that, the calculator seems a bit odd. It gives for a 205/50/15 a max width of rim as 7j and a minimum of 5.5j. I've just fitted 205's on my 7" wide wheels and they look chubby. A 195 looks nice. Just imagine a 205 on a 5.5 rim ?wtf? Maybe the calcualtor is out of date, lol. But 215 seems your safe choice.

Dont forget to show us a pic later once purchased. And yes £210 is a good price for that size; not sure about brand; why not check mytyres?

See the Tyre Discussion Thread for forum preferred brands.

215 rub..... hmm, depends how far slammed he is and what the wheel offset is (thats only 10mm wider, ie 5mm each side wider than standard). Maybe that fat old 9" rim will rub if its an odd offset - good heads up !

We run 204/40x16 avaon zz3's on the 9x16's i had and the 9's Nikki's got on the back of hers and she'll back me up on this. Nice stretch. Not too lairy just about right imo. Ride quailty is pretty good too. Good budget trye in both wet and dry conditions with a nice tread pattern

Gav

Yep as he said. Ive got 205/40/16 zz3's on my 9 x 16 borbet a's.

The tyres are fantastic and the stretch and ride is great. Highly recommend them.

so u reckon the 205/40/16 would be better?also would it be worth payin the extra an gettin the goodyears?need to know also see some pics as i'll be gettin the rubber 2morro