Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

:lol: :lol: :lol: so long as your dad doesn't have a problem with Corrado nutters it'll be fine, my lips are sealed 8)

Did you hear on the news last week that 1 in 4 people in the UK are addicted to social networking websites? Does that include the Corrado Forum.... I would say yes :)

Like you said already, you could be spending your hard earned on far worse things.

Bet my neighbours think I'm nuts... been out strubbing under the rear wheel arches tonight :lol: in the dark with a torch!

He understand the whole thing really, interestingly though he didnt like the Corrado to drive but loved the MK2, think it reminded him of a Mk1 he had many years ago but with some power, his was only a 1.1..

Ive had some strange looks doing similar things, kwik detailer works well on inside of wheel arches, petrol tanks, rear beams etc... :)

CrazyDave - that is sad, my neighbours think I'm mad for cleaning out my arches in the daylight, if I went out in the dark and did it they'd want me carted away :lol:

CrazyDave - that is sad, my neighbours think I'm mad for cleaning out my arches in the daylight, if I went out in the dark and did it they'd want me carted away :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sad... YES!

if I went out in the dark and did it they'd want me carted away :lol:

Kips says 'that's cause you are sat on your swanky bucket' :lol:

ehh. it doesn't like sw an ky !!!! must be something to do with the wa nk in the middle

Thanks very much Andy..

Not really done any mods as such just sorting bits a pieces out that needed doing, rear beam, rear brakes, trim bits that needed tidying, new exhaust..

Still saving for the RSs and reckon ill be good to go in a few months, cant wait...

Hows yours coming along??

Like mine Dave :)

JKM pics 006.jpg[/attachment:46hg8hgh]

Sorry To Hi-jack Goldies Thread but.....Who made up your zorst??? Looks quality!

Progress at last,...

Had a shocking day yesterday, bled the brakes 3 times in all kinds of combinations with little joy.

TT clutch pedal fell off before id even put my foot on it.

Managed to break the air inlet trunking.

Car got rained on.

Today though some joy, got my Magnex fitted by Phatvalvers big brother who has done a cracking job, aligned perfectly, well happy. on the brakes front sounds like i need to leave it a few days as the air will settle. The brakes are actually really good, just need to reduce the travel on the pedal. The Mk4 rears are good, the handbrake is an unbelievable improvement..

Tomorrow the car will be getting the works. Pictures to follow...

Car got rained on.

You mean....... it was outside????/ :lol:

unbeleivable (sp) i know couldn't beleive it myself!!!!

but then the way he has been feeling about the car recently :(

but good progress today things are looking up :D

My C is really looking forward to being inside for a change :lol: (next Saturday night at U-Dubs :) ).

The air in the brakes thing is a real mare to sort, can't say I've been happy with my pedal since last year when I did the compensator valve :( . The brakes work fine but the pedal has to much travel. I'm going to try pressure bleeding and pedal pumping at the same time tomorrow, see if that works any better.

As always I let you know how it goes :) , be interested to see if leaving the car standing is the key :?

It was outside to make it easier to get amongst bleeding the brakes..

Yesterday really was one of those days where patience was tested, i know all Corrado owners have them..

Cheers for today Geoff, really appreciated..

My C is really looking forward to being inside for a change :lol: (next Saturday night at U-Dubs :) ).

The air in the brakes thing is a real mare to sort, can't say I've been happy with my pedal since last year when I did the compensator valve :( . The brakes work fine but the pedal has to much travel. I'm going to try pressure bleeding and pedal pumping at the same time tomorrow, see if that works any better.

As always I let you know how it goes :) , be interested to see if leaving the car standing is the key :?

My valver has random travel, some times the biting point is 1/4 inch down, or others it's 1 inch down. Never been able to sort it out. Think its something to do with the rear bearings and how tight you have them.

Wonder if pumping particularly hard/fast would help?

Wonder if pumping particularly hard/fast would help?

Stop leading Michael astray :lol:

Tom will not be doing any pumping, of any description, at any degree of hardness in my vacinity... :D

He clearly doesn't remember all of E38 last year then ;)

Rofl.

I do remember it well to a certain extent. I remember you being very underdressed and then it all went blurry... :)

It is looking a bit shiney Dave, i didnt have the camera handy though..

Had a good day sorting bits out

All wheels off, insides cleaned, wheel arches cleand and detailed.

Interior sorted, seats fed, plastics done, polished boot floor, inside of glass done.

Engine bay cleaned, just need all the balck bits blackened and the shiney bits shined.

Outside washed, polished and lime primed in preparation for some serios waxing over the next few days.

Oil and filter change.

Ill be cracking on with it most nights this week so shes looking her best..

Sounds like you have been busy and it's only just March.

Hope it's a dry day for the drive up, I've just done a 500+ mile weekend round trip and my poor 8v was filthy. I couldn't see anything in the nearside wing mirror as the passanger window was so dirty!!