Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Well the MK2 left the building today..

Still loving the 4mo, i will post pics up when the weather gets better..

They are such a Qcar arent they. Best all round car Ive owned.

I totally agree, i love it. I always had a soft spot for the Leon i had, so a 4wd V6 version of it is fantastic. It doest have the grunt of a VR6 Corrado but the power is so smooth..

Ive seen some pics of your one, very nice, were those Recaros expensive?

They are such a Qcar arent they. Best all round car Ive owned.

I totally agree, i love it. I always had a soft spot for the Leon i had, so a 4wd V6 version of it is fantastic. It doest have the grunt of a VR6 Corrado but the power is so smooth..

Ive seen some pics of your one, very nice, were those Recaros expensive?

I got a good deal with a local guy and sold my old interior so it only really cost me £150. Only issue is they are 3dr so the front seats dont sit as low but there much better.

loving that mk1, if you still own it, keep it.

Mk1 is gone, i liked it, i just didnt like it as much as i hoped and it was going to turn into a very expensiive quest to make a beauty. Fact is Mk1s are complete show car only if you want them unbelievable, no point using them as dailys..

Am running a Mk4, may be time for another Corrado soon...

arhhh thisjsut made me feel gutted, i sold my mk1 about 2 weeks ago, due to funds, well due to my corrado breaking, alot.

I do miss it, if you didnt love it, you didnt drtive it hard enough, i bloody loved the thing, i will buy one another day and sod show cars, cars have wheels/engines for one thing, stick um on a track - little monsters.

Love um, plus you see chavvy retards in their rover 1.8 turbos and can piss on their faces whilst their smile sinks into the pavment as they realise they got owned by a 30 year old car (And realise they bought a rover)...

Although i have toyed with the idea of a Corrado again for the moment its a no goer.. Two reasons really, i dont ever want to run one as a daily, using my old one too much not long before i sold it really spoilt the appeal. The second reason is there really doesnt seem to be many decent ones about, so the list of initial work would be large so for the time being its Golf only for me.... Not for ever though im sure....

So the golf, it has been such a good buy, nearly had it for a year now and its been (touch wood) plain sailing.. I have changed a few things that just have to be done and i have my eyes open for bargain parts all the time. Mk4 parts are very easy to find and i must admitt i have been praised on the cars condition because its 'new'. Thats new being almost 10 years and 100 thousand miles...

Changes so far:

Full R32 brushed aluminium dash kit and gear knob (the wood belongs in a rover)

R32 steering wheel

GTI Cloth Recaros

Passat W8 interior light

Bora sport clocks

TT pedals

6 cd dash changer

Carbonio induction kit

Early spec engine cover

US Spec rear light

US spec VR6 badge

Aero wipers front and rear

Smaller VW badge from a Sharan

My short arial from the Corrado

Arriving very soon cat back miltek system (that would be Karl spending my money again) and an anniversary front splitter... One definite nice thing about the car is mint cloth Recaros = 270 quid = result...

Im hoping to get the car fully cleaned up and when its done ill post some pictures. Im not trying to preach to the converted, there wont be anyone on here who loves Corrados more than me (apart from you Kip) but its the old classic scenario, the Mk4 forum is good for buying but if its OE mods you are a crowd follower and well, its not my scene. It has been said so many times, this is a good forum..

Just to note i havent seen my old Corrado for a while but when i did it had an anodised tax disc holder and was an absolute mess. I know the lad has bought a daily so i hope that he is going to keep it nice....

you not got the exhaust fitted yet?? and how you feel about charging the 4mo?? yeh i'm trying to spend more of your hard earned. :lol:

How much did the R32 aluminium dash kit cost? I'm thinking of changing the wood on mine.

whats the v6 4mo like?

im lookin at replacing my g60 with one :)

I've got a 5 door 4mo and really love it. It's more of a cruiser than an out and out racer and in standard form it wallows a little. The boot is also quite small due to the 4wd. However its a really lovely, comfortable car. It's quick, stable, grips very well, mine has been very reliable, and if you get the right one then it has all the toys on it... mine has heated black leather, climate, rain sensitive wipers, cruise, auto dimming mirror, headlights washes, factory updated audio, etc, etc.

Admittedly mine is low mileage at 51k but it really does drive like a new car and is so comfortable and smooth. As I said, its not a sports car despite a big engine. But it has bundles of low down torque which is very usable.

I test drove a mk5 R32 recently and while it was certainly a lot better I came away from the test drive realising how good the 4mo is for the price nowadays.

whats the v6 4mo like?

im lookin at replacing my g60 with one :)

dont forget my brothers selling he's, sure i can talk him round to do a cf discount :wink:

good stuff,im lookin at the bora 4mo at the min,so no doubt will be even slower lol

Oh its not slow at all. It's just that some people see it has a big engine and expect it to be radically fast. It is actually fast but just doesn't seem it because its built more for refined cruising. It doesn't make the noise of the VR6 for example but has oodles of power low down.

good stuff,im lookin at the bora 4mo at the min,so no doubt will be even slower lol

I dont think the Bora will be any slower, the Golf isnt slow at all, its doesnt feel like it has the grunt of a VR Corrado but real road its just as quick due to the amount of grip. As stated its very solid so you dont get the grunt feeling but its a low down power, it shifts mate, you wont be disappointed although its far too quiet, easily sorted...

How much did the R32 aluminium dash kit cost? I'm thinking of changing the wood on mine.

The dash kit was nearly new and set me back the wrong side of 200 quid. I think you can get the whole lot new for about 300. Plenty on Ebay and UKMkIVs..

you not got the exhaust fitted yet?? and how you feel about charging the 4mo?? yeh i'm trying to spend more of your hard earned. :lol:

Im away this weekend so get it back Monday with it fitted. I have heard good reports that the Vortech does a great job on this engine.......

lets just say that for £1500 i can get your v6 charged, and thats for a stage 2 kit. i have a mate who is going turbo and will be selling hes charger in the next 3/4 months.

lets just say that for £1500 i can get your v6 charged, and thats for a stage 2 kit. i have a mate who is going turbo and will be selling hes charger in the next 3/4 months.

God that's tempting. A charged 4Mo would be great.