Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Just got caught speeding :( Any advice

Yeah thats why im saying it could've been worse and just accept this as a slow down sign for the future, certainy does make you think too!

can be a good thing as everyone thinks there invincible on the road after driving for a while with no accident etc but this helps to put you back in your place and realise you need to take care! well me anyway as i dont want more points or worse!

Hi Craig,

I would take it as a good wake up call.

I got clocked doing 96 in a 60 but being nabbed made me more cynical of my own driving and in the end made me a better safer driver.

3 points and £60 is a fixed penalty so its as cheap as it gets.

Chubbz

Yep take a rap on the wrist and cough up.

I got done doing 86 on an empty motorway by a scamera van. Nobody to run over. No slow moving traffic. Could see empty motorway for miles.

I got the same as people get for doin 40 in a 30 - 3 points and £60. That pi$$es me off.

No offence, but doing 46 mph in a 30 is pretty bad and you deserve the 3 points even though it was 11pm.

Its 30 for a reason. Have you seen the 'If you had been doing 30 mph, you would have stopped here' advert??

T.

T.

I know you are saying that with good intentions,but I disagree.

I think it's a bit rich 'doing' someone travelling at 46 in a 30 at 11pm.I'm not saying that by all means travel at whatever speed you wish at night,but really-couldn't the tests be conducted at an appropriate hour?

Trouble is i think it will always depend on the exact road/situation.

I have roads near me that are a 30, that you'd only ever go down at 20. There are other place where the limit is 30 and you could safely drive at 50.

unfortunatly, we dont get a say in that. rules is rules. :cry:

No offence, but doing 46 mph in a 30 is pretty bad and you deserve the 3 points even though it was 11pm.

Its 30 for a reason. Have you seen the 'If you had been doing 30 mph, you would have stopped here' advert??

T.

T.

I know you are saying that with good intentions,but I disagree.

I think it's a bit rich 'doing' someone travelling at 46 in a 30 at 11pm.I'm not saying that by all means travel at whatever speed you wish at night,but really-couldn't the tests be conducted at an appropriate hour?

Its at those times most people totally take the p$ss with their speeds and think that 30 mph no longer is applicable.

At what time would you like the speed limit to be raised from 30 mph?? 10pm?? 11pm??

At night you have less visibilty and have a much, much less chance of seeing someone or something. In fact it would be safer lowering the speed limit at night due to these facts alone.

For that same reason, Police responding on emergency runs at night on motorways etc. travel at lower speeds than during the day because you cant see as far in front of the vehicle. (E.g. The range of the headlights and that you cant see the road that far ahead)

Advanced driving is all about looking far, far further ahead than a normal driver in order to travel at greater speeds safely. When you cant do this due to road conditions and visibility, you have to lower your speed.

Rule 1: Never drive so fast that you cannot stop in the distance you can see to be clear.

Thats probably taking the argument too far but I hope you can see the point I am making.

T.

End of day, you were a fair bit over the limit. Accept your fine! Get on with it!

Just because it's dark and you "assume" there isn't people/cars about, doesn't give you the right to go faster than you should, there's always that "what if" factor aswell. I'm very lucky I've never been caught, if I am I'd ask for proof, then if they proceeded to prove to me I was then I'd pay up and get on with it.

11PM isn't really that late either :?

:)