Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Paint restoration - Bringing back a shine...

My white corrado is very faded and has no shine what so ever, i need some really heavy duty hard working wax and polish stuff.

But i have NO idea what i should be getting.

Im thnking maybe t-cut then polish, but i dont think t-cut will be hard enough for it.

I want it a really high shine, it has NONE at the moment. Anyone got any advice or and packs i can get?

Hi there.

Nice white corrado. When you say faded?? obviously white doesnt fade .. like say a blue or red would. So im guessing it just looks dull?

If i was going to do it personally i would use a machine polisher and a mild finishing polish to give it a real crystal finish. The i would wax it to maintain that finish.

If your doing it by hand you could try Autoglyms super resin polish. Very under-rated. It contains cleaners and fillers and also a sealant. If that sorts it and makes it look better then you could use AG extra gloss protection on top of that to give it a longer lasting finish.

For the best finish though i would go down the machine polising route.

Also moved to car care

Hi mate,

The Meg's 3 step system is great and will probably help give your car a good shine. I really like steps 1 and 2 but step 3 isn't great, as it doesn't last very long. Personally I'd buy steps 1 and 2 and then get Meguiar's Gold Class wax or NXT tech wax instead of step 3.

Gotta agree with the above though, a machine polish would work wonders, so that should be your next consideration if you're still not happy with the finish.

I used Autoglym Super Resin Polish on my blackberry lastnight and i think its worked really well, i have a much better shine to it and it has filled any light swirls that i had on the bonnet so im quite impressed. I also have the Megs 123 step products and to bring my paint up a lot i am going to give it a few washes using step 1 in between times, then give it a polish and wax it to keep the finish.

I once used a machine polisher on a white clio *cough* van *cough* :lol: and it brought the shine up considerably using a cutting agent.

Rob.

Another vote for Meg's stuff, cleaned my car with the NXT shampoo then scratch x followed by the NXT wax yesterday. It's so shiny now that in bright sunlight you can't even tell what colour it is! :)

I've always used the Autoglym Super Resin Polish follewed by a good wax and have always been really pleased with the results - noticed the paint is looking a bit 'swirly' under street lighting last night so will give it a good once over this evening if the rain holds off :D

Another vote for Meg's stuff, cleaned my car with the NXT shampoo then scratch x followed by the NXT wax yesterday. It's so shiny now that in bright sunlight you can't even tell what colour it is! :)

Best bet is to give it a few goes with the scratch-x to get the best from it 8) and to also get the best from each product you use afterwards.

If the synthetic waxes arent just up to the job for you guys,try a canauba paste wax.The finish will last longer and therefor be protected for longer.

Neil. :)

Used g3 on a very dull white bmw the other day. Brought it up really well, then polished with meguiars gold class which also worked well.

G3 is great if you know what you're doing, but it's highly abrasive and will easily mar the surface of the paint, similar to hard T-cut use, so I'd avoid it if you're just gettig familiar with cutting polishes etc.