Sign in to follow this  
dubburke

Drivers side mirror glass

Anyone know the best place to buy mirror glass for drivers side?, or even has one for that matter, dont fancy paying the guts of £50 from the stealership

Sorry to bring this up again but do the Halfords ones show you any more of the road than the original ones. I've just started driving my C again after a few months off the road and once again I can't get used to the appalling mirrors. The blind spots are ridiculous. Dangerous and by far the worst mirrors I've ever come across. I need an alternative....

No, not really Andy... the original ones are available as convex tho (as opposed to concave i think?)

I don't know why they didn't do a blindspot split like the golfs tho...

Are the convex ones much better? I'm seriously thinking about butchering another lens to fit the Corrado housing. I've got some DDI ones but they won't separate from the backing material......total pap :-(

Are the convex ones much better? I'm seriously thinking about butchering another lens to fit the Corrado housing. I've got some DDI ones but they won't separate from the backing material......total pap :-(

I've been wondering if a glass cutter (firm) would be able to cut a larger mirror with a blind spot curve down to the size/shape of the c mirror glass, I'd rather have a mirror with this facility than the heated element TBH.

Might give somewhere a call.

The blind spots are ridiculous. Dangerous and by far the worst mirrors I've ever come across. I need an alternative....

...you should try driving a mk1 then - the rocco mirrors are far worse.

So much so I always take a quick glance over my shoulder to check my blind spot if I'm not sure there's no traffic...I do this in the raddo too (more out of habit).

However, saying that - I'm lazy - and if a more modern glass could be sourced that improved the blind-spot problem, I'd be very interested (my glass is in the process of turning brown around the edges!

I always check over my shoulder in the Rado, its a necessity imo. I can easily lose a juggernautor or 3 or 4 cars in my mirrors. As for motorbikes....

I can't believe a viable alternative hasn't been found. They're dreadful, I'm not sure blind SPOT is the right word.