Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

Oh Bugger

Cheers guys for your support!! First off yes hopefully I will be going to no rice I will just bum a lift with someone else who is going

There will be no bumming of the driver (me!), thank you very much!

Ant,

Can't believe what I've just read, you must have just about used up all your bad luck by now tho' Keep us posted on progress matey

here's a picture of how the engine bay looks like today I put the new crank bolt in and checked it all out before turning the car over all looked to be ok but when she fired up it sounded more like a citroen 2cv on one cylinder :D so decided to rip it all out there's a long way to go yet this is just the begining but I think it'll be worth it :D

Reckon you'll be ready for Stealth Racing RR Day mate?

Hope you get it sorted soon! :)

:D Not a chance! given my spot away anyway, now the car is off the road for at least the whole winter it'll give me something to do in the evenings, got to strip it all down ready for the respray when I ve got the rest of the engine out gonna send the block to southern rebores in the next couple of weeks to be overbored to 83.5 mm ready for the new pistons and rods to go in :D

Ahh too bad.. though it sounds like this has given you some excuse for major engine work.

You'll be kicking ass at the pod next year I am sure :)

So are you gonna hitch a lift up to the RR day then to watch? :)

A remarkably concise statement of you situation. :D

I felt fretty much the same way when I realised that the squealing sound wasn't the alternator drive belt, but the cambelt tensioner* :shock:

* shortly after the loud bang and puff of smoke out the back, with a plume of burnt rubber smoke coming from the cambelt cover for several minutes after... :(

Repeat after me: "...a full rebuild will only cost £800 and the car will go much better afterwards..."

Jim I will probably be driving my new beast upto the RR day ( dont laugh but its a astra estate :D :D :D :D ) cant complain though as it is £150 and has a 6 months mot reconditioned head and new rad fitted a week or so ago. Perfect for hauling dirty engine parts around :D

Repeat after me: "...a full rebuild will only cost £800 and the car will go much better afterwards..."

Try £nearer the £2000 pound mark Mike after I'm done with it it will look totally different as it's nott only the engine that is being done going for the less is more look now proper rally style 2 bucket seats and harnesses, half cage full respray and possibly a new dash but we'll see how tight money gets. I plan on keeping the car for a while so might as well do it properly :D

Well here is the new beast I'll be driving around in for the next few months 4 owners from new 6 months MOT and so far has is doing about 40 miles to the gallon not bad for an old dog that cost £150 :D It's bl**dy horrible to drive but its cheap to insure and is ideal to cart dirty engine parts around in :D

lol man, that looks sooooo kool I can't see you wanting to drive anything else ant :lol:

Dont underestimate the power of the whopping 1388cc engine jim it has a whopping 50bhp under the bonnet :D all that power and only 4 gears is a bit of a pain though keep going for 5th gear and sticking it in 3rd DOH :roll:

There's a nice skoda down the road for you furk only £50 I can just see you in it now big'ing it up round Crawley town on a Friday night :D

As long as it got tax and mot for a year i wouldnt even mind a skodaa......

Bet that thing would beat ur van hehe

Hey don't knock the asta - ra it is a true beast you can hang it into corners dab the handrake and step the back end out a treat great fun!! cheap motoring is great dont have to worry bout locking it or parking dents or anything like that just dump and run :D

Hey don't knock the asta - ra it is a true beast you can hang it into corners dab the handrake and step the back end out a treat great fun!! cheap motoring is great dont have to worry bout locking it or parking dents or anything like that just dump and run :D

I got myself a little 1.6 golf driver for while I'm rebuilding my G60... I agree that it's quite a nice change to just dump the car in a car park and not give a damn about parking dents etc... The extra fuel economy's nice too :lol:

I miss the 'rado something chronic though, especially 'cos she's in my back garden and I have to walk past her every morning to get to the golf... :( Ah, she'll be better soon... MUCH better! :lol:

Yeah my C is sitting right outside my front door and I just want to jump in and go for a spin in it everyday, still it will all be worth it in the long run!! Still going to keep the asta-ra when the C is finished I think though and use that as the daily driver during the week and then the C for weekends and evenings

Yeah my C is sitting right outside my front door and I just want to jump in and go for a spin in it everyday, still it will all be worth it in the long run!! Still going to keep the asta-ra when the C is finished I think though and use that as the daily driver during the week and then the C for weekends and evenings

yup, been having the same sort of thoughts about the Driver... Although the 'rado was supposed to be my daily driver while I did my MKI 16V up, so I'm now upto 3 cars with only one of them working! :?

Ah, but it's all fun I suppose... :lol: 8)

lets hope the astra is still alive by the time ur corrado is finished.... I seen u drive,,,hope u dont take the astra to the limit like that lol