Sign in to follow this  
mattnorgrove

oil pressure switch colours

Just spoke to GSF about the availability of the 2 pressure switches that mount onto the filter housing. They say they have white, black, blue and brown.

Would anyone know which 2 i need as i want to change them out while i sort out the dodgy wiring to them.

The flash/beep from the dash is doing my head in. Checked oil level and thats fine.

Just hoping this will cure the prob as i dont want to have to change the oil pump.

Cheers guys...

BTW its a 1.8 16v...

will be white and black on the 16v, although there's not much difference in the rating of the brown from the black so that may well work OK in place of it.

I've never used a specific torque, they have an alloy washer so just nip them up and that seals it.

white is 1.8 bar (all 4 cylinder cars)

black is 1.4 bar (8v/16v)

brown is 1.2 bar (G60 only)

IIRC the white is for identifying low pressure at 2,500 revs and above and the black is for low pressure warning at idle.

If they're expensive I've got a box full of second hand ones in my garage.

David.

OK just got back from GSF, had a look under the bonnet, fitted now are WHITE (at front of housing nearest rad) and BLUE (at rear of housing nearest engine) so i've bought a blue and white one. Not sure which (front/rear) is high/low rev sensor...

Gonna swap em out tonight, weather permitting, and i'll let you know if it cures the prob.

Cheers for the info....

white and blue is normal 16v colours.doesnt matter where they are placed aslong as the right colour wires go on the right coloured sensor i think

Cheers flusted swapped the sensors and remade the connections last night, all seemed ok on the way to work today.

Nice one for the input...