Sign in to follow this  
dubburke

Paranoid G60 owner!

Is it just me, or are other G60 owners paranoid of noises under the bonnet aswell?

I am constantly listening out for strange noises, to a point that people at work think i am paranoid :lol:

Today i have yet another new noise under the bonnet :oops:

yeah im the same, just chill otherwise you will drive yourself mad, if it breaks you will know abt it blatantly then fix it.

just check its not cv joint, brake, wheel bearing or supercharger noises then it should be ok if you got a boost return deletion kit you'll hear alot more strange noises thou!

Since replacing my crank pulley, everytime I drive it I cant help thinking "did I do that bolt up tight enough" :roll: and must admit I still get very very worried about any odd noises! Guess I just have to do what I used to in the Golf, just turn the volume up and enjoy the ride :-)

Think its part and parcel of owning a G60!

If the noise doenst make the car slow down or lights flash on the instrument panel then its usually nothing to worry about......

I'm certainly paranoid, when I was out on Saturday I was hearing a rattling noise from what I was sure was front n/s suspension, naturally as a Corrado owner I started to think of the trouble and expense of sorting an obviously major problem out.

It actually turned out to be the ariel connector rattling against the underside of the roof - panic over until next time I hear a strange noise - probably by week end

I gave up being paranoid after the 3rd time I had to take it off the road for over 2 months due to something going wrong... now I just accept that it's gonna go wrong at some point, so I hammer the hell out of it until it does! :twisted: :lol: :oops:

Running 250bhp out of a supercharged 1.9 is never gonna be as reliable as when it was a standard 150bhp 1.8, but hey, it's a hell of a lot more fun! :lol:

:oops: mine's still off the road.... broken again... :oops:

She'll be better and faster when she nexts hits the road though..... ooh yes, Henny's been playing again... ;) :lol:

just check its not cv joint, brake, wheel bearing or supercharger noises then it should be ok if you got a boost return deletion kit you'll hear alot more strange noises thou!

glad to hear with the boost return deletion kit there are loads of noises, as i have that done :lol:

just make sure you have your AA or RAC card and a phone with you and enjoy your car its old and will make a bit of noise

Mine started making a grinding/beraing noise after a 2000k trip through France and across northern Spain. Thought it was the charger so was afraid to drive it. Another 3000k later and its still driving well and making great boost with no oil in the hoses. I investigated and it looks like one of the plastic pullys needs some greese.

When I get back to Ireland I'm planning on getting the charger sent to JMR and Ill have a look into replacing the plastic pully.

So I have just about covered 6000km in under 3 months and its going fantastic. Didnt miss a beat all the way and Im bulling I bought that expensive tool kit. Will be doing a 1000km trip next week from Bilbao to Cherbourg so fingers crossed. Its booked into for an oil change before departing and thats about all I can do apart from praying really really hard :)