Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

VR6 whistles when accelerating....

I'm having a few problems with my car and i was wondering if its normal for my car to whistle (whine) when i accelerate? Usual happens around 2000 revs ish.

There is a reasonable chance its the aux belt tensioner bearing.. You can buy the bearing for a couple of quid and replace yourself (its in the how to). Have a look/listen under the bonnet- I'll even have a listen for you! (I only live on eccy rd!

:-P )

Yeah, probably is the belt tensioner new ones are 70 quid from GSF so best change the bearing quick before it explodes and shafts it for good. Much cheaper!

Yeah, probably is the belt tensioner new ones are 70 quid from GSF so best change the bearing quick before it explodes and shafts it for good. Much cheaper!

He's not joking, mine exploded at 70mph taking most of the belt with it and I had to get towed home by the AA! :(

so does mine mate, oh yeh forgot, i have a charger attached to the engine, :lol:

ah yes, that may be the cause of mine too :lol:

Just as likely to be an air leak somewhere too. Check all the inlet/breather hoses for tightness/damage etc.