Sign in to follow this  
eatthis

278 bhp scoob or 303 bhp golf??

im goin santa pod with my mate tomorow (29/10)

he owns a modded scooby sti (03 i think) with 278 bhp his pb is 13.7

i own a supercharged golf vr6 with 303 bhp i havnt ran it yet who do you think will win???

heres what lets torque bhp says

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 278

Weight without Driver (KG) : 1475

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 191.50

0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.20

0 - 100 (Secs) : 13.95

60 - 100 (Secs) : 8.75

Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.92

Terminal Speed (MPH) : 99.90

Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.52

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 103.04

thats for him this is for me

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 303

Weight without Driver (KG) : 1260

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 244.34

0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.95

0 - 100 (Secs) : 11.27

60 - 100 (Secs) : 6.31

Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.25

Terminal Speed (MPH) : 108.43

Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.05

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 110.40

christ knows ho im gonna get sub 5 secs 0-60 with my drappy open diff lol

so who do you think will win when i had 210 bhp i managed 14.698 pb

of course il post the results and any vids we have

Well, if you can get off the line then you're clearly on a winner. I suspect that it's going to be very close but I'd have to give the edge to the Subaru purely due to traction.

yeah think the scooby will have you, ive been out in my girlfriends Dads scooby all prodrve'd up running about 350bhp and the traction was amazing, if i was any smaller i would have fallen down the back of the seat!!

Power to weight on yours is significantly better - and he'll lose more power through the drive train. Just pray that he cocks up his starts and that its dry... I reckon you'll catch him up before the end of the quarter mile regardless..

TBH, I don't think you'll get anywhere near those calculated times (quarter and 0-60), and even losing power thru the drivetrain the Scooby MAY have the edge. With rebuilt boxes and quiafe diff's or 6-speed etc. the really quick 20VT or VR6 turbo MK2's / MK3 / rado's etc. are only getting 4.5-4.8 secs 0-60 and just 12.5-13 sec quarter times and that's with 400-500 BHP.........

Good luck tho and let us know how you get on at the Pod,

Cheers

i see what your saying i know itl come down to how much grip there is on the day (it varies MASSIVELY at the pod) and how well i can get it off the line and through 1st gear without too much wheelspin

when i was runing 215 bhp i got pretty much bang on the time

How good are your tyres? Have you got coilies so you can jack up the back a bit, can you sabatage his car, all would help a bit!

you will not be able to put anywhere near that 300bhp to the ground on a standing start, where as he will make a pretty good job of deploying everything hes got.

You're gunna lose I'm afraid

I reckon if you get it right you will hit 60 in the low 5s, and a 13 something.

I think it will be close too, again if you master the launch.

I videod a mk3 golf running very similar power to yours on a VF9 charger setup. He ran low 13s and 5 secs no problem. Just a chirp, no wheels spin until the revs built and a VERY quick change into second. Ill post it up at some point when i find out how to host it.

I enjoyed running at interes this yr, pre charger, but even then it was hard not to go wheels spin crazzy!. The old adrenilin/nerves kick in and your perfect planned run goes out the window.

i have done good launches in the past i tend to hash 1 up per day.

on the road in the dry itl wheelspin over about 5krpm in 1st then its fine from 2nd onwards yes i have coillies no im not arsing with them or sabotaging his motor i run 1/4 miles with exactly the same setup as i drive it everyday makes any victory that much sweeter my 1st goal is sub 14 secs

actually, the poewr delivery of a supercharger lends itself nicely to standing starts as it doesnt slam in immediately a la turbo

if you had lsd + racelogic launch/tc you would beat it easily in the dry-but in the wet it would be pretty even.the above set up puts ALL 303bhp john!you can hold 2/3/4k revs press the launch -and your off with virtually no slip. :D .

right my mate put a new pb of 13.775 the git lol my gear linkage is utter pants 3rd gear went awol not once did i get 3rd at the 1st attempt and quite offen took 3 goes grrrrrrrrrr

the plus side is i know its DEFFO a 13 sec car as i ran a 14.0 2 14.1s and 2 14.2s amongst the other crap

as expected he left me for dead in 1st gear (not a chance in hell of full throttle unlike a normal road) what i wasnt expecting iis how much quicker i was past 2nd gear i was pulling a car length on him in 3-5 secs often passing him on the line

he beat me 5-1 in the end including a 100th of a second bah it couldve been diffrent had the linkage been sorted

i thought i did ok launching it doing half a dozen or so 2.2-2.3 60 ft times

which isnt too bad with 267 lb ft and an open diff

prob my best race of the day was against a 5l v8 tvr griffith 500 (310-330 bp) his best time of the day was 14.1 mine was 14.0

it took me 2 attempts to find 3rd and the bugger did me by 3 100ths haha (my terminal speed was .3 mph faster lol)

my terminals ranged from 102 to 105 mph i also beat a 310 bhp seat with lsd and a dodge srt turbo (2.4 16v turbo circa 310 bhp)

sort box out, LSD, and keep an eye out for a pair of wheel's small and wide one's and stick some slicks on them for the front and she will leave your mate no prob

not bothering with sloicks i run it exactly the same as i use it everyday

is there a 1/4 mile league table here? there should be

is there a 1/4 mile league table here? there should be

why do you think you will be top.

no lol but im curious where id be (and my 14.69 n/a time too)

heres a cpl of vids 1 is in my car with camera wedged in the headrest haha i was racing a 320 ish bhp seat leon i did a deliberatly cautious run didnt go wot till 3rd gear (if u listen carefully u can hear it) and changed gear slowly and short shifted into 2nd and 3rd i ran a 14.3 the leon ran 14.6 iirc he dropped off boost at the start

get the sound turned up

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v178/ ... nboard.flv

this 1 is george in his scoob racing me im getting the oil temp up a bit before the run as usual he wastes me off the line and it takes me 3 attempts to get 3rd you can hear me coming just before the line and keep looking left just after hehe another 50 yards and id have done him

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v178/ ... nboard.flv

2 very diffrent animals made a great race cheers george i want a rematch