Sign in to follow this  
turbocorrado

coilovers

can anyone one tell me if coilovers are all there cracked up to be ... and most importantly which are the cheapest/value for money/ and where is best to buy from (preferebly on credit)

cheers

Everybody perceives suspension mods differently, so it's a question only you can answer fully.

Koni and FK kits are reputed to be very good. I don't think the budget ones come close to be honest and avoid AVO, many people have problems with them.

Kev

I've heard so-so things about the FK's ... but the Bilstein + H&R combo is always good. I'm probably getting a Sachs coilover set soon, I'll see how that goes. Price is too good to refuse. With suspension you always have to pay $$$ for quality but you can pay $$$ and not get quality. But not the other way around :p

As far as the question of whether or not they are "good", well it always depends what you plan on doing with your car.

Skye

I've never heard a bad word said about Fk's, and I can certainly vouch for there quality - top notch :D

You could probably get a similar ride type using koni adjustables with H&R springs - but then you wouldn't be able to set the height to your needs. Not much difference price wise as you can get the FK's for around £500.

HTH

Cheers

Mark

ive got spax coilovers on mine,which are pretty good,im still trying different settings to see which is best,but with 28 different settings its going to take a bit of time

I've got koni's on my G60 very pleased with the coilovers no harshness & the handling is much improved.

I've got supersport coilovers on my G60 and I'd reccomend them whole heartedly... and I often do here! :roll: :lol:

They're about £400 from Venom and the ride quality is very good...

I bought mine so that I could firstly dump the suspension that was on the car when I first got it that was nasty, and secondly so I could get it corner weighted and get the handling absolutely spot on... It worked on both counts! :D 8)

I've invested in FK coilovers fully adjustable - nice kit, easy install and very good quality. FK do a cheaper kit around £450-500 that lowers by 30-40mm and has damp adjustment only - Try Gwent VW - they had them on special a few weeks back. T/A Koni's & H&R's are also a good option

I have opted for a set of fully adjustable Leda suspension kit.

You can adjust all attributes - bump/rebound/height

These are excellent quality motorsport kits but retail at near £1000

I would alos like to here a review/opinion about bilsteins good kit ps9 i think - it looks the biz.