Sign in to follow this  
Riley

195/45's on 9x16's? pics anyone please?

Anyone got pics of 195/45's on a 9x16? :)

Seen some rims with this size tyre on (not best pics for looking at tyres) and im really unsure about going for em...

ive got 195/45's on my 8x16's and they are enough of a stretch for me :shock:

Neil. :)

Please do not use anything less than a 215/40-16 on 9-16.

There is a reason why TÜV wont allow it, and tyre manufacturers wont give you a so called Reifenfreigabe for it.

But if you feel more competent and have better testing equipment than TÜV and tyre manufacturers, go a head.......

If you cherish your rado and your life, use a 215/40-16

195 is just silly.... I had probs enough getting my 215/40/16 through TÜV... they had to phone the tyre manufacturer to ask them if they were rated on a 9" rim. In the book they only listed it to 8.5" but the book was old.

As Polo said, unless you want them parting company with the rim on a sharp corner I'd stick with what works. No matter how good the car, driver, suspension, or brakes you still only touch the ground in 4 places, so you've gotta make sure they count.

Yeah,i do agree guys...just sounds absolutley crazy to me but just interested in pics to see how crazy it is :lol:

Considering i had 255/35/14's on my old 9x14's...its a hell of a difference :?

Hmmmm,thinking im gonna have to say no to these rims :( they are gorgeous too but i cant afford pissing about with tyres...

Neil.

Riley, buy mine :lol:,mind u can't be bothered with the stress of lookin for more rims!!!

You selling em Andy? The ones im after are mint! with flat caps,and coloured centers :(

Furks is running 195's on his rims...

Is he currently on 9x16's Bally?

Thing is i have a little girl to think about too,anyone know how much clearance there is at the back at et15 on 9x16's?

I do want the 'correct' size tyres but want it low too,so may have the rims machined at the back face to get more clearance...if there is room.

Neil.

Riley, buy mine :lol:,mind u can't be bothered with the stress of lookin for more rims!!!

You selling em Andy? The ones im after are mint! with flat caps,and coloured centers :(

Furks is running 195's on his rims...

Is he currently on 9x16's Bally?

Thing is i have a little girl to think about too,anyone know how much clearance there is at the back at et15 on 9x16's?

I do want the 'correct' size tyres but want it low too,so may have the rims machined at the back face to get more clearance...if there is room.

Neil.

Yes mate.. furks is running 9x16's Im sure he'll fill you in.. a sexy pic!

rear.jpg

:shock: wow,thats fa hoookin mental! not too keen on that really!

Cheers for digging the pic out Bally,good to see how crazy it is!

Just for comparison to show how mad that is...

Here is the 'correct' (as in pretending not to be into vw's :lol: size tyre on a 9x14.

255/35

cabbackstandard1.jpg

cabbackstandard2.jpg

Neil i have a 215/40's on my 9x16's and they are just the right stretch. My wheels originally had 195/40's which was just a silly stretch :shock: but now i have 215's its much better. But i do get rubbing but thats because i have not yet rolled my arches!!

Rob.

Cheers Rob 8)

Arrrrgggghhh :mad: :lol:

I want these rims badly,but cant afford messing about with tyres. :(

oh Rob ! :shock: :lol:

Have you any idea how much clearance you have at the back of the rims?

is it closest to the rear beam or shocker?

considering machining the wheel faces.

Neil.

A friend of mine from Holland has 165/45x15's on his 7in Ronal Turbos. He said that he has to be careful going round roundabouts incase he kerbs his wheels on the floor!

Mental :shock:

The 195/45's on 8x16's is way enough for me,just on the verge of looking a bit silly too imo...

I put 195/45/16's on my 8J D90s and whist I was at the tyre depot... I told him to take it back off an put 205's on instead.... Thats stretched but just about protects the rim and looks health imo....

I'm a fast driver and value my life too much to risk running such a stretch :)

mine are 195/40 on 9.25J rim, thank very much LOL. 45 would rub, too much tyre...

i think their also abt ET -3 or ET 0

205/40x16 on a 9j rim is a good compromise in my opinion. Ride quailty is fine and also done a few track days without problems. Only real issue ive come across is the lack of protection to the outer lip of the rim, oh well....stay the hell away from kerbs!

Just my tuppenth worth

Gav

Hmmm.....

Not too sure I'd want to throw that into a bend at high speed!

i do it everyday mate, its good fun :lol:

although if i ran some more negative camber on the back i think i would be able to rip the powdercoating off the inner rims LOL

Hmmm.....

Not too sure I'd want to throw that into a bend at high speed!

i do it everyday mate, its good fun :lol:

although if i ran some more negative camber on the back i think i would be able to rip the powdercoating off the inner rims LOL[/quote:fd8dd]

:)

I think its all relative mate. If I tried some of my normal daily manouvers with a mental stretch like yours I fear I would be up there with the big man in no time at all!

You are a nutter :) :) :)

The odd time i give the rado a bit of grief...i can feel the tyres sort of tucking under...195/45's on 8x16.

Its like a soft suspension feeling.