CrazyDave

Crazy Daves Bog Standard 16v :)

Hi Dave

Can I change my order to 9"/11" please? Sorry! I do actually have genuine SPAL fans. I thought they were copies! Might aswell use the 9 incher I have hanging around spare.

I'll be using the schimmel cast elbow on my intake to push the throttle round, so there'll be plenty of clearance.

Cheers

Update on the fan brackets.

Latest lot is back from laser cutting so the 6.5/11" will be ready this weekend. I'll get one set packaged up and see what the postage is going to be.

The trial 9/11" has also been done and measures OK fitted to the rad but needs trying with an actual 9" fan (that I don't have). Who fancies having a test fitting ASAP?

Jamminvr6storm, had a few made so no problem with putting you on the list.

Sorry Dave - I'm the same - not able to remove everything yet but could try and measure/size it up as best I can with it fitted

What do the fans cost?

I might well be up for a 6.5/11 Dave... If I'm rebuilding my VR, 'd just as well do it properly...

Connect the 6.5" up as speed 1 and the 11" as speed 2 and both of them for speed 3?

If you don't mind Kev, could you send me the 9" fan and I'll try it all out on the rad that's off the car ATM.

Been a while, but my 11" Spal was about £80 and the 6.5" I got as a show special for about £40. Both from RevoTec although he doesn't sell Spal fans any more, the he sells are supposed to be a direct copy....but better :?

As for the control side, you could relay them up to work as you said. But I'll have a much neater solution in a couple of weeks that'll drive the fans at variable speed dependant on water temp and control the aux water pump. Just working on it now :wink:

Certainly sir, PM me your address and I'll post it over to you.

Like the sound of your fan control. Can it do an after run for 5 mins too? I want to lose that huge great fan controller. The DTA has a user selectable fan trigger output, but obviously no after run timer circuit. I'm all up for a Sensible Dave custom job :D

Can it do an after run for 5 mins too? I want to lose that huge great fan controller. The DTA has a user selectable fan trigger output, but obviously no after run timer circuit. I'm all up for a Sensible Dave custom job :D

That's the plan, lose the standard controller but replace and improve the functionality. Adjustable temp / speed curve settings, run on time, setup via PC etc etc.

Can it do an after run for 5 mins too? I want to lose that huge great fan controller. The DTA has a user selectable fan trigger output, but obviously no after run timer circuit. I'm all up for a Sensible Dave custom job :D

That's the plan, lose the standard controller but replace and improve the functionality. Adjustable temp / speed curve settings, run on time, setup via PC etc etc.

Dave, like i said you should just build VR6 parts full time :lol: im down for the controller :)

If you don't mind Kev, could you send me the 9" fan and I'll try it all out on the rad that's off the car ATM.

Been a while, but my 11" Spal was about £80 and the 6.5" I got as a show special for about £40. Both from RevoTec although he doesn't sell Spal fans any more, the he sells are supposed to be a direct copy....but better :?

As for the control side, you could relay them up to work as you said. But I'll have a much neater solution in a couple of weeks that'll drive the fans at variable speed dependant on water temp and control the aux water pump. Just working on it now :wink:

Put me down for a bracket and a crazy controller.... :)

Right then. The 6.5/11" brackets are done. The 9/11" fit my rad fine so those are being made in the next week or so. Just to be clear these brackets have only been trial fitted to a genuine VW rad (Denso / Marston) other rads may not have the correct fitting lugs. I'll post some detailed photos so it's clear how they mount.

The postage / packing works out at £3.50 for the UK, so not too bad. I'll PM all the 6.5/11" people with my PayPal details, unless you want to sort in out another way. Let me know

Tom, I can feel a trade off against some PI springs coming on, if that's OK with you. What size bracket did you want?

Any questions let me know :)

Updated

Mr cheese/piano/trip/fuse bloke 9/11"

Stormcharged VR. 6.5"/11"

Leon. 9/11"

Heresites. 6.5/11"

Yeti. size 6.5/11"

Mic_vr. 6.5/11"

KAD-VR6 9/11"

JamminVR6Storm 6.5/11"

Tom. size 6.5/11"

Corradude 6.5/11"

Tom, I can feel a trade off against some PI springs coming on, if that's OK with you. What size bracket did you want?

That's what I was thinking too. :) 6.5"/11" would be pretty much spot on for a fiarly standard VR wouldn't it?

That's what I was thinking too. :) 6.5"/11" would be pretty much spot on for a fiarly standard VR wouldn't it?

Enough for a 400hp monster TBH 8) A lot of it depends on what else you'll be trying to squeeze down by the radiator in the future. The main reason going 6.5" for me was short runner clearance.

Update.

Mr cheese/piano/trip/fuse bloke 9/11" Sent for testing

Stormcharged VR. 6.5"/11" Confirm size at UDubs 8)

Leon. 9/11"

Heresites. 6.5/11" Sent

Yeti. size 6.5/11" Sent

Mic_vr. 6.5/11" Delivered

KAD-VR6 9/11"

JamminVR6Storm 6.5/11" Sent

Tom. size 6.5/11" PM me your address?

Corradude 6.5/11" Packing now!

Don't panic you 9"/11" people, I haven't forgotten you. Just didn't want to get a load more made if the prototype didn't fit :)

Thanks to everybody for so much interest in this stuff. The fan controller is well under way and should start testing this weekend.

After a taking Mic_VR / nemesis360 out Sunday evening for a quick spin, we had a cherry red turbo / exhaust show going on under the bonnet of the VRT! That puts it at about 800degC or just perfect!! And people still ask me what all that silver heat insulation is for.......... :?

After a taking Mic_VR / nemesis360 out Sunday evening for a quick spin, we had a cherry red turbo / exhaust show going on under the bonnet of the VRT! That puts it at about 800degC or just perfect!! And people still ask me what all that silver heat insulation is for.......... :?

Cheers for spin out in the VRT Dave, truely awesome and talking to nemesis360 and yourself over the weekend has definitely re-ignited my enthusiasm for my own VRT project..... Although you might not be so happy when I've asked you 100 questions about what I'm doing! :lol:

And thanks for the brackets, a work of art. :notworthy: