CrazyDave

Crazy Daves Bog Standard 16v :)

Been looking into the G60 / 16v options. You guys don't have a fan controller box so we'll do a box with the control board fitted into in. Simple to wire up and will have 2 speeds instead of 3 like a VR.

Might end up being the best option for you aswell Kev, and yes it will come with installation instructions, pictures etc. Except you'll have the 3 VR speeds and the aux pump output. Might need a loom making up to pickup the sensors and aux pump wiring with Bosch connectors etc. Bet you have all that kit anyway :D

Might end up being the best option for you aswell Kev, and yes it will come with installation instructions, pictures etc. Except you'll have the 3 VR speeds and the aux pump output. Might need a loom making up to pickup the sensors and aux pump wiring with Bosch connectors etc. Bet you have all that kit anyway :D

Sounds good :D Would the box accept a fan turn-on signal from the DTA?

Been looking into the G60 / 16v options. You guys don't have a fan controller box so we'll do a box with the control board fitted into in. Simple to wire up and will have 2 speeds instead of 3 like a VR.

My g60 has a controller.

I think late ones did. :)

My g60 has a controller.

Can you send me a picture, they are listed in ETKA but as usual not much info....

Kev, I might need to do something a little different in the software for yours. The DTA 'turn on' signal isn't a problem but I may slowly increase the fan speed over time to cover sitting in traffic etc.

My g60 has a controller.

Can you send me a picture, they are listed in ETKA but as usual not much info....

Kev, I might need to do something a little different in the software for yours. The DTA 'turn on' signal isn't a problem but I may slowly increase the fan speed over time to cover sitting in traffic etc.

I can send it to you if you like.

It's not doing much cooling at the mo. :)

Excellent stuff. Sent you the address, very similar to the early VR type. The main thing is the enclosure is the same size so it'll fit the board for the new controller.

Dave, are you using the standard fan controller's connectors too?

For most applications yes, straight plug in. The higher spec unit will have custom connectors, but the only way to keep the cost down is using the existing wiring and connectors.

Dave, are you using the standard fan controller's connectors too?

For most applications yes, straight plug in. The higher spec unit will have custom connectors, but the only way to keep the cost down is using the existing wiring and connectors.

Nice OEM feel to it though, I like!

Controller arrived Mr Torque, thanks. Glad you sent it over the enclosure is a little bit smaller than the VR one so my board has to shrink to accommodate both.

I've converted my VR fan controller to the new design and it's all working on the bench. 3 speeds, pump run on etc so it's time for a bit of live testing on the VR. I'll let you all know how it goes. Really weird listening to the fan when it's ramping to the different speeds, has a servo whistle to it that's kind of cool. Yeh I'm sad I know :lol:

Nearly graced the VRT with some vomit yesterday :lol: Loving the new extra boost, Dave. Reckon you'll easily stay with the TVRs when we have a joint meet :salute:

On high boost mode, the acceleration in this car is pretty astonishing. Would love to see how it compares, side by side, to some much more serious (i.e. expensive!) machines!

Well, I reckon it feels a touch faster than the Griff I went out in the other week, but difficult to be sure as they're so different. I feel a drag race coming on :lol:

Ha ha. Interesting to see the positioning on the drive. It gives an idea of which one is likely to be used more than another (depending on what time Karen moves hers).

I see there are some Westwoods in a for sale thread :)

How many Dave? :shock: I thought you had two :scratch:

But you can never have too many :grin: