CrazyDave

Crazy Daves Bog Standard 16v :)

Right then!

Progress today and yesterday.

Door Handle - Sorted (Cheers Brunye!)

Coolant leak - repaired with new from head plastic flange :) changed the expansion tank for a new one at the same time. Flush the coolant and now looking all nice and pink :)

Central locking - Fixed... faulty pump...

Retro Radio - Fitted. Blaupunkt Atlanta SQR47 ;)

5 cassette tape holder in centre console - Fitted. Complete with tapes....Bon Jovi Slippery when wet, Whitesnake 1987, Deep Purple House of Blue Light, Pink Floyd A Momentary Lapse of Reason & Iron Maiden Seventh Son. Period enough I think you'll find ;)

Speaker Grill fitted.

Oil flush and change.

Spare Wheel - Toolkit plastic holder and plastic screw wheel retainer fitted.

Might get brave tomorrow and sort the sunroof slide......

great to see an old valver getting some TLC, looks good in the engine bay too, everything seems to be in the right place which is pretty unusual!

Edited by davidwort

Hi David, It is pretty much all there... although for some reason strange bits of interior trim are incorrect or missing. Good job I have the remnants of my old valver interior in the shed :)

I'm wondering if the electric windows have been retro-fitted....they don't come all the way down?

Nice work Dave, although I'm not sure I saw the memo about fixing issues straight away rather than procrastinating for ages like the rest of us!

;)

Lets see a pic of the head unit :)

LOL! It's the backlighting of the buttons and the LCD display that make it look proper time warp :)

does it have an electric windows control box know the side panel? mine had dealer fit windows and the mechanism was different to the proper vag ones, over the years I've changed the mechanisms and motors but never got around to fitting the control box, I have the full loom it just always looks like a mammoth job :-)

I don't think it has, no single push window functions going on at the minute.... I have all the loom, control box and regulators from my old car so looks like I'll be doing that at some point, along with the heater matrix (which hasn't been done yet).

The windows leave about an 1" of glass above the door when fully down...

mines still on the original matrix, all depends on how well the coolant has been looked after I reckon :)

Worth mentioning that 2cc is half way through doing his heater matrix (he's been driving around without the heater box in the car for the last few months!) and he didn't need to take his dash out in the end. Stripped everything virtually, including the centre console, and that gave enough space to get it out.

Thanks For the heads up Jim. I did my last one with the dash in.... Despite being very careful I still managed kink a Bowden cable and it never worked the same after.

I'll ask Chris when I see him next ;)

Oh and driving in the dark tonight.... Lights are the normal early valver complete joke! Good job I have a rather nice headlight loom at home ;)