Sign in to follow this  
inky

HELP NEED A NEW VW MECHANIC (Derby Area)!!!!!!!!

HELP HELP HELP NEEDED.....have been using the same Vw mechanic for years...totally helpful, reliable and doesnt moan when you ring for advice and knows Corrado's.....he is ceasing to trade at the end of month due to rent and overhead increases...so now need to find anotherone.....IN OR AROUND DERBY AREA...WILL BE WILLING TO TRAVEL TO NOTTINGHAM...i know there are other Raddo owners in Derby and am hoping some of you can help by telling me who you use....(hope its not the one I use)......will not only get trade from myself...but also Hubby, Son and In-laws (all VW owners)....PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP LET ME KNOW.......thanks :(

Ive been recommended Sunset VW in Derby. Highly recommended by some of my mates, one of which owns a mk2 supercharged VR6, so the guy isn't affraid to get into some serious machinery. He's also German, don't know if that makes a difference, lol.

Doubt he'd be up for travelling as he is just like any other garage, but probably worth the trips to him if ya can make it, my Rado is booked in with him on Tues for a tinkering

Ive been recommended Sunset VW in Derby. Highly recommended by some of my mates, one of which owns a mk2 supercharged VR6, so the guy isn't affraid to get into some serious machinery. He's also German, don't know if that makes a difference, lol.

Doubt he'd be up for travelling as he is just like any other garage, but probably worth the trips to him if ya can make it, my Rado is booked in with him on Tues for a tinkering

Is that the one around the corner from Central Motor Salvage? nr parcel terrace?

Had completely forgotten about him.....let me know how you get on with them...they are not too far from where it goes now anyway...really wanted local...didnt want to have to go to C&R in Notts...expensive!!!

Try Lion Garage, I think they've got a place in Notts.

http://www.liongarage.co.uk

Notts not listed on the website, but give them a call because I thought they'd not long opened one in that area?

Very good though, when I used to live in Hinckley I always took my cars to Lion. Friendly, good service, and reasonable price, and real enthusiasts.

have you used volkspeed in Heanor? i took my polo gti there a couple of years back and they were great, knocked £250 off the stealers prices!

always busy too which is a good sign!

scott

inky, Have you asked him if he's interested in doing work in his spare time?

YES ..he said thats it once closed he's had enough!

Think my best bet is Sunset vw in Derby its only round the corner and even though I have passed it many times had completely forgotten about it...

thanks for all replies :D

I can recommend Sunset, I have being going there with all of my VWs

for about 6 years now. I had my 16 valver serviced there back in June and they commented that they don't see that many Corrados. Visited Sunset on many occasion and never had any probs with them.

for about 6 years now. I had my 16 valver serviced there back in June and they commented that they don't see that many Corrados. Visited Sunset on many occasion and never had any probs with them.

yes that made up my mind thanks :D

Inky,

Just wondering how you got on at Sunset VW? I've always found them to be reasonably priced for servicing etc.

Also was in there last Monday and spotted a Green VR6 parked outside, my 5th spot in about a year :)

have had no reason to go yet.....but am going to give them a try do they do mot cos hubbys golf needs doing to get it back on road? Let me know

I had new discs and pads and cambelt done there, good price and all good work. Its in there this monday again for MOT work and possible replacement of the valve stem seals too, seem pretty good on price too

I had new discs and pads and cambelt done there, good price and all good work. Its in there this monday again for MOT work and possible replacement of the valve stem seals too, seem pretty good on price too

do they actually do mot's :)

NEED A NEW VW MECHANIC

LOL, did you wear the old one out?? :)

after using him for a good couple of years...the owner of the land he used put up the rent by a massive amount and he decided enough was enough and packed it all in!!!!

Extremely unhappy as he was fantastic....just had to phone him anytime with any prob and he would sort out straight away for me.....used him for all our cars plus sons and in-laws...

did try to persuade him to do it from home but he's selling up and going abroad!! :cry:

They don't do MOT's directly but can arrange for the car to be tested at a local garage.

What I tend to do is have a yearly service and inspection at Sunset and get them to arrange an MOT the same day. The best thing about them is that they only do work that is necessary (can't say that about every garqage unfortunately). Also they are very flexible: I needed my handbrake bracket on my 16v welded for the MOT. As well as servicing it, they arranged for a good welder (I didn't know any ones I could trust to do a good job) and had the MOT carried out afterwards.