Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

SANTA POD RWYB 23rd FEB

I will be going to Santa Pod on the 23rd Feb for another session on the draq strip to try and get my times down, I thought I would put a post up nice and early to see if anymore of you guys will turn up this time. The corrado turn out was a bit poor last time it was only me, Andi and 2CC last time!!! :( Come on put your names down it's a good day out even if you dont want to take your car down the strip it's £9 to get in and £13 for as many runs as you can fit in.

Cheers

Ant

Hi,

I might make it to have a look.

I only live 5 miles from Pod. :D

Only problem is I work nights and finish Sunday morning at 9am. :(

Would not be running down strip.

I can't I'm afraid... The Mrs. is taking me away!

And she's more attractive than you, Ant... :wink:

yes m8 cu there, am gonna run so you'll have to put your wheels somewhere else

wot time u reckon no gettin there?

wot's Andi's missus got that we haven't, a white coat?

:salute:

Nah, kinky underwear and an insaitable appertite 8)

Chris I'll be stopping at toddington services the same as before and will be there for around 8:30 ish. I'll probably come up with the 15's on the front and leave the 17's at home probably easier that way!!! see you there!! :D

Ant, right on. Not sure yet whether to go via tod or straight there but I'll let u know b4 :D

2cc Nice talking to you at "Pod"

Will definately be going again and next time will be running down the track.

Couple of pix for you :D :D :D

Sorry could'nt make it guys the frnt engine mount really needs to be sorted before I go caning it up the strip again!! It's more than likely I'm gonna go up the pod next sunday as I should have the engine mount sorted by then!!

well it has a tsr 2.0 with 4 branch manifold/ polished/ported head lightend bottom end etc i think power to weight it will give banana a flipping good run for his money!! that is if i can get any grip :mad:

the c is a heavy car so at least i have the weight advantage!!

watch out banana man :lol: :lol:

by the way i would come in the c but its having a make over at the moment!!! :lol:

Bring it on Darren!!! :D Hurry up and get my charge cooler finished I wouldn't want you to have any advantages over me!!! :D I wheeeeepppp your asssssssssss!!!!!

I'll definately be at the next RWYB to see this up and coming clash of the titans :)

umm 176bhp in a car that weighs 800kgs i make that around 220bhp/ton.. more than yours banana!! :lol: :lol: :mad: oh and on 13" wheels.

if im not working on the c i WILL be coming up ant....

Oh.. nuts.. well then wont be going this Sunday as I have both the Stealth Racing rolling road day, AND my old mans birthday / dinner thing.

I guess i'll have to be next time now!! :)

endor71, nice to meet u too. nice pix, shame about the dirt that's why I was soooo slow - but probly my lack of skill as was 1st attempt but lol.

So what did my bog standard 16V achieve? 8 runs. times: best 17.570s, worst 18.750s; topped out at: best 79.51mph, worst 74.70mph - just got in ahead of the shopping trolley :D

wasn't planning on going again till the 16th, but since there's a clash on might have to bring the VR along for a laugh....