Sign in to follow this  
markievw

HOW FAR DO YOU COMMUTE

HI

Was wondering how far you guys commute for your job. Am considering taking a job with a 70 mile daily trip. Have a mk2 gti to do the trip (would average about 40-45mpg). Obviously wouldnt take the corrado(for sale in the classifieds)

I seem to remember an article in the VWM magazine where a woman was doing a 200mile a day round trip in a mk2 16v. I think the car reached 270,000 miles or something like that

My mk2 is an 8v with 105,000 miles so just run in compared with that

70 mile round trip or each way?

I do 60 mile round trip every day in the C.

My office is movin to Bham city centre after xmas tho so will be using the train... :(

About 16 miles a day round trip.. i'd cycle if it was less but its just a bit too far on roads that are just too busy :(

Mine's a 26 mile round trip in the VR. It would be shorter through the city centre, but at least I'm moving most of the time on the longer route!

15 minutes on foot... Sorry

Same here, 20 minutes on foot (smiling at the d*mb motorists stuck in the traffic jams on my way in) each way. Saves money and nerves galore AND I do something for the environment (I think the government should reward me for that, IF they take the environment sooo serious - so I can spend the cash on my C :-) ).

Tempest

15 minutes on foot... Sorry

Same here, 20 minutes on foot (smiling at the d*mb motorists stuck in the traffic jams on my way in) each way. Saves money and nerves galore AND I do something for the environment (I think the government should reward me for that, IF they take the environment sooo serious - so I can spend the cash on my C :-) ).

Tempest

I wish you'd reword what you say sometimes Eric.. bear in mind that some of us dumb motorists don't have much choice. I could take the bus but I know for a fact that I beat that by well over 40 minutes in the car, and cycling 8 miles down choked A Roads in the lashing rain just isn't my idea of a good time :(

Only other option is to move closer to work which I must admit keeps crossing my mind more frequently with each passing day.

25 miles per day for me including a nice b road for the grand prix on the way home!

would be nice to cycle but on the above road, am more scared about meeting "myself" flying around the next corner!

I do about 54 miles round trip when I'm in the office but mileage can average about 110-150 when I have meetings :shock:

90 mile round trip each day, Southampton to Newbury and back.. Obviously, this isn't in the VR. I'd be skint!!

200 mile a day round trip :shock: , wrexham to tewkesbury currently using a company van and fuel card but will be losing both soon so i will either have to move down near tewkesbury or rent during the week.

I was driving 110 miles round trip daily for over a year apart from a three month period of 450 miles every weekend earlier this year. All in the VR!

1/2 hr on the DLR at the moment (but tht's about to change) and 5 mins walk.

Used to be exactly a cigarette from door to door on foot! :(

40 Mile round trip on the M27 great on half term! Not so great when the little sh*ts go back to school so Mom and Dad have to clog the roads again :mad: :x

Hi coolrado,

I live in holt just outside wrexham. That is one of hell of a commute down to tewkesbury how long does it take you.

Am considering a job offer in liverpool which a 70 mile round trip. Nothing compared to your daily trip

used to drive the G60 for the 64 mile round trip to/from work every day (and sometimes at weekends too!) but now I have the passat TDI, I use that instead both to keep the miles off the G60 and 'cos it's costing me around a third of the cost in fuel! :lol:

Miss driving the G60 home from work though... the M56/M60 can be quite a nice playground to annoy porsches and the like in the evenings on the way home... ;) :twisted: :lol: