Sign in to follow this  
lamwagon

engine degreaser?

I used the '3 in 1' universal degreaser, yellowy greenish tin. Worked really well on removing built up oil and general crud. It also smells nice!

When my dad cleans his engine bays on his vans he just sprays WD40 all over and gives it all a steam clean and they come up immaculate, he done that to one of his vans that had an oil leak and the engine was black all over and looked rank but now looks great. Just gotta be careful when steam cleaning engine bays make sure you dont get any in the air inlets etc!

autoglym engine and machine cleaner is what i used on mine' date=' came up really good tbh[/quote']

Good stuff 8)

swarfega jizer (spelling?) spray and wash or swarfega heavy duty degreaser for pressure washers.......all good

Cover battery, alram, anyting with alot of wires!!!!

Also if using pressure wash don't go in too close!

Make sure you regrease any bits after you done as well, think I did throttle cable, carb, g/box mech.

and distributer cap :oops:

Probably worth wodging a load of kitchen paper into where the spark plugs go, after you've finished to dry up any moisture.....just in case

Posted in another thread (The Syncro has landed) is the results using Autoglym Machine cleaner, old paintbrush and a hosepipe - fantastic results for minimal effort, best product I've ever used for general cleaning