Sign in to follow this  
dtjames

Leak on Passenger Side

My drivers side footwell always get wet when it rains, the roof lining in the very corner/ behind the drivers sun visor also gets wet. The screen has been replaced in the past, so i'm startin to suspect the re-fit, but i wanted to check the sunroof drains. The sunroof however only tilts, so as bristolbaron said earlier, can the drain holes not be accesed without a sunroof removal??

I doubt it is the sunroof, as the water seems to be dripping onto the top of the door speaker.

Hmmm...? ;)

This is what is in my mind Jim. I am going to keep a close eye on things to see how they develop. Maybe the drips came from my coat or something when I was chacking it out in the rain. It was one of the first things I noticed when I opened the door. Or maybe it even dripped there as soon as I opened the door.

We can only monitor the whole thing. Nothing in the roof lining or on the speaker/door panel since the job was done. If it stays dry - job done I say.

ive found out my leak is coming from the hole where the rear wiper used to be.

it seems i didnt seal it properly :oops:

well it appears it wasnt from the rear wiper hole! one of the base plates for the spoiler was loose and it was coming in from there.

well i have had my c for 7 months now and just yesterday saw a wet patch in the passenger's footwell for the first time. I haven't got a sunroof and my screen is original so that rules that out. roof strips are kinda perished but not going to move them. went to the jst wash at the weekend so could be from that as i havn't driven it in the rain this week yet. i heard of this passenger's footwell leak problem on the forum before - but this is the first time it has happened to mine, first winter for me too though....

Bad News.

Signs of water on my roof lining again - will take a picture in the light tomorrow. Also, the footwell is hinting damp again!

I deliberately left the car out overnight as it was due to lash down with rain.

Since my sunroof drains have been unblocked, it can't be them, but is there some kind of sunroof sealant that I may need to apply somewhere please?

I've just had a monster of a leak after the monsoon rain last weekend. Always noticed a little wet patch in the rear passenger footwell after heavy rain, last weekend it migrated to the front passenger footwell in a little patch then after the really heavy rain overnight I had about an inch of water in the passenger side of the car.

After some inspection, it turned out to be the inlet for the fresh air into the air con located in the scuttle, not the best designed vent, it only clips on in a wet area!!! A good load of roof and gutter sealent, no more puddles since. :D

Worth checking out, confused me cos the puddle was always in the rear thought it was the sunroof or worse.

I have cleared the scuttle area completely and don't have aircon unfortunaley.

What confuses me most is how the little watermark in my roof lining is connected with the passenger footwell being damp. The likelihood of me having two leaks that appeared at exactly the same time is very slim - surely.

Becoming more and more confident that it has something to do with sealing the sunroof.

I'll try another search on here for it now. this time under "sunroof seal".

Its suprising how many unrelated things can appear to happen at the same time.

I Don't think its enough just clearing the scuttle- you'll need to take the vent off and reseal it somehow (one clip). My seal was in good nick but still leaked. I cleaned out the scuttle properly (there is a whole load more space for crud once you take the cover off)- then cleaned & greased the seal & no more probs :)

I have looked at the car this morning and found that the wet evidence in the roof lining has gone. Obviously, this is because it was garaged last night, but the door is probably worth checking out. I will take off the panel today and see if the lining is doing it's job in there. It could be leaking in from the bottom of the door.

I'll also remove the vent on the scuttle panel to see if I can see any evidence there.

Any more suggestions welcomed.