Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

scirocco/corrado whats the story?

I always thought the corrado replaced the scirocco, but then i saw one the other day with a 'H' plate which is a year newer than my C! so whats the story?

The Corrado was not intended as a Scirocco replacement. It was just a coincidence that one was comming near the end its lifetime & the other was just starting out.

btw, I hate it when people say 'Jes, thats a lovely Scirocco you've got there' :mad:

The Scirocco was, as you know out first then came the Corrado.

I agree they do have a few similarities and many could believe the Corrado was an "evolution" of the Scriocco.

The C and the S as far as I know ran side by side for a year or two then the S stopped beiong produced.

my corrado and my mums scirroco (below) have so many things in common:

33958671.jpg

1. interior being the first,

2. shape of both of them,

3. rear bumper having the same sort of pattern,

4. how the window slopes at the back,

5. its funny how my mums car uses the Golf GTI 8v engine, and my corrado uses the Golf GTI 16v engine.

lastly i just think the scirocco was slowly phased out, hence why the corrado was released around the same time. I think VW wanted to keep it going and for a while it did...Both are great cars though!! :lol:

just to let you know,found out yesterday that the scirroco is wider than the corrado,someone i know tried to fit a corrado rear bumper on his rocco and it wasnt wide enough

The mk1 and mk2 rocco use mk1 golf parts

The rado uses mk2 parts.

Does anyone know when the roccos going around on H anf J plates were actually built? What chassis code?

If you ask me, the Current Polo looks an evolution of the Golf Mk1

We all know the Mk1 has nothing to do with Mk 3 4 or 5

GO FIGURE.

the current polo is the same as the current ibiza - who's predessor was heavily based on the mk2 golf, the current ibiza still has many mk2 (late 16v) golf parts.

that means the roccos were still in production well after rados started - my rado, register apr 92 is a N chassis code, built feb 92.

Your mums rocco must have been built late 91.

that means the roccos were still in production well after rados started - my rado, register apr 92 is a N chassis code, built feb 92.

Your mums rocco must have been built late 91.

:oops: I forget my point......................

Yes, the Scirrocco MK2 was built with Mk1 Golf parts and altho the Corrado was not a replacement for it, the do have the same Chassis number and the Corrado was based on the MK2 golf floor pan and is a hybrid with some MK2 and some MK3 parts (ie VR6 engine etc)

They were built side by side in the Karmann factory for about 5 years, A freind of mine owns the 'Penultimate Scirrocco' which is a K plate, (mint bodywork and cost £850 :shock:) He also owns a Vento VR6 also on a K and its funny how different they look only being produced a month or so apart. The last rocco is in the VW museum.

mmmm, the 16v rocco. That was supposed to be a blast wasn't it? Not many of them built I believe.

Mine was a 1.8i, and it was bloody quick. It was first registered in may 92, and I was told when i bought it that it was one of the last sold, in N.Ireland anyway. Sold it for £450. :( Difficult cars to sell, as nobody knows what they are...

Hi All

Absolutley knackered after this weekend, might go into hibernation! :D

WVWZZZ53Z*N*K004274 - The last RHD rocco to be sold to the public!! She was registered on the 1/09/92..... I just love the electric leather recaro's :p

Note the N!!

Supercharged - get it right £750!!!! :roll:

Cheers

Glen

1.8 Scirocco Penulitima - 92 K

2.8 Vento VR6 - 93 K