Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

steam coming from the grille

the one off the front crack pipe.'o' rings inside the crackpipe

dood was the crack pipe an optional extra ? i didnt get one on mine - denied :afro:

:lol:
the one off the front crack pipe.'o' rings inside the crackpipe

dood was the crack pipe an optional extra ? i didnt get one on mine - denied :afro:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any one on here got a step by step guide to taking the front bumper off as today me and my mate are sorting out the radiator on the VR! any help much appriciated!

AFAIK to get to the nuts that secure the bumper you need to take the wheel arch liners out.

Im not 100% on that mind...

If I remember right, there's 2 M10 bolts (17mm socket) up through the chassis rail each side and a few self tappers holding the plastic guards on at each side. Plus you'll have to disconnect the wiring from lights etc.

Front panels mainly just headlights out then about six 6mm (10mm socket) self tapping bolts on each side plus a couple more in the centre behind the front bumper. Top rad brackets and it's away.

You can get the rad out sideways.. if you take the fan assembly off the back of it while it's in-situ and then remove the battery. Lean the top of the rad back, lift out the right-hand end, tilt it upwards till the bottom of it clears the battery tray.. slide out sideways ..

A local mechanic did mine for me this year, took him about three hours, which isn't bad considering he'd never done one before. (The fan disassembly has a book time of 1 hour, on it's own..)

not worth taking the fan off then is it! think the safe bet is the front bumper and grill lights etc and bring it out forwards!

not worth taking the fan off then is it! think the safe bet is the front bumper and grill lights etc and bring it out forwards!

Well you'll have to take the fans off at some point, unless you're buying a new rad with fans already fitted .. :roll: ;)

right theres the top hose for the top of the radiator and the bottom hose for the bottom of the rad theres a sensor it looks like above the bottom hose what is it? mine seems a bit crappy the bit thats screwed into the radiator that is! how much are they to replace?

Also is it possible for the top sill where the radiator top screws are held to be taken off for the radiator to come out??

The top sill as you're calling it is part of the front panel, all comes out together after the bumper comes off. As I said before, it is possible to do a rad without removing front panel, I've done it both ways but now would only do it by removing the front as it's a real ball ache without, just my opion of course. I used to work for a rally team and we always looked for the quickest way to do anything. 36 minutes for an Evo gearbox takes some practice :)

right theres the top hose for the top of the radiator and the bottom hose for the bottom of the rad theres a sensor it looks like above the bottom hose what is it? mine seems a bit crappy the bit thats screwed into the radiator that is! how much are they to replace?

Also is it possible for the top sill where the radiator top screws are held to be taken off for the radiator to come out??

Probably the fan switch, turn the fan on, and different speed depending on the temperature.

right done the worst part getting the radiator out had real trouble with some of the screws holding the wheel arch liner on as they were corroded got the bumper and top sill off then had to clean up all the screws etc full of crap!

Also while i was there treated the rust under there!

Biggest ballache ever yes!

tomorrow first thing before christmas dinner put the new rad in and rest of the stuff back together!

Old rad definately had it ill post a pic when i get round to it split big style!

tomorrow first thing before christmas dinner put the new rad in and rest of the stuff back together!

Hi

Well done.

I would do it on Boxing Day.

Look forward to the piccies.

How difficult were the two bumper bolts ? :)

The bolts were easy it was taking the rest off that was the problem!

Nah gettin it done tomorrow coz i need it boxing day!

yeah has to be done its in bits in the garage at mo!

Dedication havnt driven her in week and a half im missin the power!

Takes quite a bit for the temperature gauge to go up now which is good!

Hi

Well done.

Have you tested that the rad fan comes on when it should.

no but it will do i hope just knackered took it for a spin and that was it will test tomorrow!

Suppin on some wife beater stella now after a hard days graftin lol!

worth doin yourself anyway saves a few hundred quid!

I think im a expert now at taking all the front end off lol!

Cheers dude!

She just needs a good wash now!