Sign in to follow this  
stel g60

qtr mile times

hey guys, i just found 1 of my quarter mile slips from gti international and thought id post it up on here. if anyone remembers on the day mine was the g60 goin up the strip that couldnt get second in. now, if my gearbox had worked the way its supposed to, i wouldve been up for a good time. wat do u lot reckon? and how inaccurate is their timing gear? check out the big gap while i try for second

thats not bad m8. Best i managed in my G60 was 15.7@Santa Pod.

My VR run @ Inters 06 was my first go out in her, had only had her a few weeks, and I got 15.4 iirc.

Stel, were you running yours late on the sunday!?? If so i have a feeling its yours i have video clips of!

The one i saw looked black though but i cant be sure. It revd VERY quickly but seemed to have a big pause between 1st and 2nd.

Is it You!?

Stel, were you running yours late on the sunday!?? If so i have a feeling its yours i have video clips of!

The one i saw looked black though but i cant be sure. It revd VERY quickly but seemed to have a big pause between 1st and 2nd.

Is it You!?

if in your videos its against a black mk3 vr then yea it was me. your right, big gap! lookin at the graph it was about a second and a half. second just wouldnt go in. gearbox was tryin to tell me somethin i think

I did a 15.7 at the 'Pod with a dead lambda probe and a slightly slipping clutch. You've gotta be absolutely brutal on the car if you're going for it, really slam the gears in.

I did a 15.7 at the 'Pod with a dead lambda probe and a slightly slipping clutch. You've gotta be absolutely brutal on the car if you're going for it, really slam the gears in.

yea i know, but second just wouldnt go in. according to the graph it took just over 1 and a half seconds to get it in. if it changed up properly i reckon i wouldve been up for a very good time. i got a 15.4 at the pod a couple years back, and ive done more work on the car since then

I did a 17 in my 2l 16v, think it was 17.8. I was using one of them gtec things on the road mind. 1st gear just span.

Ran a 15.1 in my Anglia at avon park. I was being harsh with it, suprised it still ran after because it didn't smell to good inside.

I did a 17 in my 2l 16v, think it was 17.8. I was using one of them gtec things on the road mind. 1st gear just span.

Ran a 15.1 in my Anglia at avon park. I was being harsh with it, suprised it still ran after because it didn't smell to good inside.

:lol: wicked, thats the way, gotta drive em hard, no point otherwise.

corrado seem a bit poor at the 1/4 mile :(

its cos their quite heavy, and front wheel drive so that dont help with traction. id love if my car was rear wheel drive :twisted: :twisted:

its cos their quite heavy, and front wheel drive so that dont help with traction. id love if my car was rear wheel drive :twisted: :twisted:

Morover, the G60's got stupidly low 1st and 2nd gears. The engine is too torquey for 1st and 2nd and when you even lightly tune the G60 wheelspin is a joke in the first two gears. On a 1/4 mile, for the reasons above you need to change into 4th right towards the end of the run if you're quick enough in the first 1/8 which then costs you more time. You end up crossing the line as your clutch is down changing into 4th! I also found the start line at the 'Pod really slippy. I thought all that rubber would make it grippy but the front slewed all over the place on a few of the runs.

personal best for me in my mk2 vr6 is 14.6 at santa pod, i've only ever done 5 runs.

best time in my corrado as a VR6 was 14.3, identical time with the R32 lump before I got it running properly.

all time best is 13.73 in my old mk2 VR6.

I got a 15.1 and a 14.9 in my stage 4 g60. Then got abit excited on the last run racing a supra and span the wheels into third and got around the 16 sec mark lol. This was at santa pod and my first time launching the corrado.

15.2s at santa pod a few years back when the VR was NA... It was damp, and struggled for traction a bit, but gave the 968 club sport i was racing a run for it's money!! I was ahead until about 100yards to go...

Will have to give it another go now im charged!!!

i reckon we should arrange a little meet in the new year. nothin too organised, just turn up at the pod one sunday an ave a laugh