Sign in to follow this  
_Tony_

15" steels

I've got a set of wheels here that i was going to fit on my other car, then decided against it. I thought i would save them for the mk1 Golf i was looking to buy but i ended up buying a Corrado.

They are 15" Weller steel wheels, i think the design is called 'motorsport'. I was thinking 15's may look a little too small for the size of the Corrado, specially in black. Silver may look 'bigger' but ive not long paid £120 to have them powdercoated black so i would prefer not to have them done again. I'm tempted to get rid and find some nice 16/17" deep dish wheels, maybe splits.

Here's a couple of pics of the 15's, what are peoples thoughts?

wellerfac.jpg

wellerrac.jpg

wellerrc.jpg

I think they look mad without tyres on.

Its hard to say cos any size would look bloody tiny without rubber.

I tried them on the car to try and get a better idea but if anything its confused me more lol, hence this thread. I didn't want to shell out on tyres and then not like them.

thats a name I've not heard in a long long time...........Weller wheels were the wheels you used to be able to buy out of "Clubby"-books.............along with Tomaz m/bikes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With a big enough drop i reckon they'd look good. You'd (probly) be the only one on here with em on. You've gotta fit em and post some pics with the rubber on....

Chuck the tyres off the sebrings on, shouldn't cost ya much and see that way, i've got 15in G60 steels on mine and size wize they are fine witha drop

Yes Yes Yes!! I have thought about a set of weller steelies for mine.

They will look awesome with the tyres on and a bloody good drop!!

Do it!! 8)

I have a set of 15" BBS on my other car thats not getting used so im gonna pinch the 195/50/15 off one of those and have it fitted to one of the wellers to see how it looks, should give me a better idea :)

I have a set of 15" BBS on my other car thats not getting used so im gonna pinch the 195/50/15 off one of those and have it fitted to one of the wellers to see how it looks, should give me a better idea :)

Good work, get it done!!

I would get 2 swapped as then you'll have a better idea, put them both on the one side and hey presto.

put a bit of tyre shine on too as its amazing what a difference that stuff makes appearence wise.

Get some pics up as I'm debating getting some steels on my rado and wouldn't mind seeing what they look like.

Have you thought of fitting some 15 inch wheel trims to them, might look a bit different

Are yours 8x15? They're pretty rare now as weller are are no longer selling to the general public, just to racers so if you do sell them you could probably get a good price for them.

Bernie

I think they look cool, different which is a good thing. Steels give it a more used/daily driver look (cant think of the word, maybe due to the JD and coke next to me and the few I had already).

Do it!!

The rears are 8x15, et 04 and the fronts are 7x15 et 16. I had tyres fitted to a couple of them the other day and i've tried them on the car. arch lips will need rolling if i go really low.

corradowellers.jpg

needs lowering but i have some coilovers on the way 8) I quite like the look of them but i think they might look better in silver, or maybe with just the rims silver :?

Just done a quick shop with a couple of other small mods on it i need ot get round to doing.

corradowellersshop.jpg