Sign in to follow this  
flusted

G60 no traction

guna try some better rubber next week.

tested top mph again and confirm 80 in 3rd,what do most people get with g60 box?

I have an ATB gearbox and i'm thinking of swapping it with a TDi gearbox that has 1st 2nd and 3rd shorter than the original box (this for performance in 1/4 mile races) and 5th is longer... higher km/h at same rpm. With this i'm thiking of an LSD to put all the power down. I think it will be the best choice... at least for me :)

I get a lot of probs with wheelspin in 1st and 2nd as well running a standard G60 box. Was gonna go for the VR 1st and 2nd but wanna get a G-werks ported head and 1940 bottom end so dont know if the VR cogs will do the job still or if a whole different gearbox would be better. Dont wanna change it twice.

I get a lot of probs with wheelspin in 1st and 2nd as well running a standard G60 box. Was gonna go for the VR 1st and 2nd but wanna get a G-werks ported head and 1940 bottom end so dont know if the VR cogs will do the job still or if a whole different gearbox would be better. Dont wanna change it twice.

I also get wheelspin very easliy with my standard G60 (CBA).

What i really notice regarding the previous one (ATB) is that the ATB gearbox gives you much more torque sensation rather than the CBA.

I believe it´s due to their final ratios, that are completly the opposite!

With the CBA the car revs much more faster, but i don´t get the same top speed than the ATB gearbox.

If i remember correctly the ATB gearbox has a pretty similar final drive to the VR6 (don´t remember what build year).

I wish i could get one in good shape!

I´m currently running my G60 standard due to fuel prices and for that stuppid and dangerous wheelspining while overtaking.

The shock absorvers and clutch are good and the tires are ok aswell.

LSD sounds like a nice alternative, but expensive...

I would like to have a POLL for the gearboxes that we are all using, including a place for the custom ones.

Moderators? Is this possible? :)

mine spins 1st, 2nd and 3rd you just need to change your diving style slightly to compensate this ;) cheapest option out there

if only you could drive mine you would understand. its just not driveable. im talking full burn out as soon as you come on boost with part throttle.

doesnt help havin 65mm pulley as this brings in more boost earlier on,it wasnt half as bad with 68mm

a box change wont help really. a taller box may get you traction at the expense of speed/accelleration. its just the characteristic of a high torwue low rev engine FWD. i have had these isseus for over 2 yrs. my answer is to change engine for one with more up top and maybe less peak torque -16vt

torque spins wheels and breaks things HP makes you go fast

whenever i go more than half throttle my front wheels spin. It happens in 1st and 2nd and sometimes 3rd.

Gets a bit dangerous as if i overtake it spins and pulls to the right.

Front tyres are ok,trackings ok,could it be the fact im using a 16v box?

Want to change the box soon but if this is the prob il change it asap

try one with 240 bhp!! 8)

I need a ATB diff 8)