Sign in to follow this  
mattosmond

alloy wheel sand blasting!

hi guys, the other day i read a post on here talking about somewhere near hamble (southampton) that blasted and re-painted alloys for a fair price.... but tried searching and couldnt find it.....

could someone please give me their details and recommend places in the salisbury, southampton area.....

many thanks

just looked at their site.... £24.something per wheel.... really cheap...... are you two just couriering your wheels there or arranging a trip up??

AFAIK we are gonna take em up.

Hes got 4 to go, ive 1 and so has my mate from his Vectra.

Think we may struggle to get all them in a Rado.

hi guys, the other day i read a post on here talking about somewhere near hamble (southampton) that blasted and re-painted alloys for a fair price.... but tried searching and couldnt find it.....

could someone please give me their details and recommend places in the salisbury, southampton area.....

many thanks

There's a place in the Romsey area who are supposed to be good, but they charge £54 a corner. That's why me and Goldie will be making the trip to BJV :)

well i have decided to take them back to uni and sand blast them myself with their machine and then use their spray shop.... and this will all cost me feck all....

i have rung around (down south) to see what people charge and it varies from £40-£70 per wheel...... when i had my last set refurbed in toon i paid 100 notes plus the vat for 4 x 17" TT rims....

i will post pics as i go...... will be starting the refurb as of the 10th jan......

it really is worth getting them powder coated rather than sprayed, i found that with spray painted wheels the brake dust really ate into the paint, also when you get a chip in the paint it tends to bubble up below the paint and corrode the alloy quite quickly, powdercoat seems to resist bubbling and is much more resistant to scratching and chipping.

i paid 80 quid for 4 wheels to be bead blasted and powdercoated silver with 3 layers of powder coat laquer, but i did get them done at the same time as a mate of mine was getting all his splitty camper parts powdercoated as well.

a mate did mention this to me.... i think i may have to investigate... even if i blast them and prep them ready to paint i'll save myself a few bob....

where did you get yours done? (coolrado)

i dont actually know :lol: my mate dropped them off and picked them up, i will ask him tonight (i think its somewhere near rednal)

Good luck with the DIY job mattosmond,

I did a set of XR2 pepperpots a long time ago and they cam eup well but they were quite straight forward as they are a very flat wheel. Its the nooks and crannies that are hard to sand down correctly.

if it all goes`wrng then i will get them done professionally, but they only really have corrosion on them as opposed to lots of kerbing.... So in theory shouldnt take too much sanding, but how often do things go to plan???

how often do things go to plan???

Not very often mate!!

Just take your time and use a dremmel if you can get your hands on one.

Your laughing, when i did the XR2 wheels it was by hand and took bloody ages.

Are you gonna powder coat em??

I just painted and laquered mine but they never look as good as a proper job.