Sign in to follow this  
easypops

kr cams ???

hi all, there are a set of kr cams on ebay.i dont know how to do a link. :oops:

starting price £50....what are they worth? is the power increase worth the hassle? and are they easy to fit?

thanks in advance, and merry christmas

martin

That seems a bit steep to me. You only need to replace the inlet cam on the 9A, as the exhaust cams are the same.

You can swap the 9A inlet for the KR inlet. This gives good results which are usually around 10 bhp. Easy, straight swap. Since doing this on mine, the car can get to 60mph in second, whereas it couldn't before.

You can also swap the 9A inlet for a KR/9A exhaust cam. This needs to be modified first, so not a straight swap. Places like Stealth can do this. It will give more power than the KR inlet, although apparently the idle etc can become a bit lumpy.

I'd say both are good options. The KR inlet is easier and cheaper, but the exhaust cam will give a few more horses.

HTH :)

I've got a spare exhaust cam. PM me if you're interested.

Yeah I paid £30 for a KR inlet cam from another forum member. I also heard it wasn't worth changing the exhaust cam unless you change it for a modified one.

I still haven't fitted mine yet but everyone I've spoken to says its well worth it, apparently you get even more power at high revs and the rev range moves higher too. Can't wait to do mine, just want to sort my brakes out first!

cheers guys, i didnt buy them. i'll just look out for an inlet cam on its own.....reasonably priced of coarse :D

hi all, there are a set of kr cams on ebay.i dont know how to do a link. :oops:

starting price £50....what are they worth? is the power increase worth the hassle? and are they easy to fit?

thanks in advance, and merry christmas

martin

Pm'd :)