Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

Drove a Calibra today

I will most prob' get shot down in flames from Calibra fans (if any!) for what im about to say! I drove my mates 1991 Calibra 2.0 16v today. 77k with FSH and 2 owners from new. What a pile of big poo to put it nicely. So the rival being a Corrado v's the Calibra, well what a let down to the Calibra. There is no driver feel at all....its basicaly a Cavalier. I let him take mine out afterwards....he is sad he has just parted with £1,200 for his calibra as for a few more hundred he could have got a Raddo, which by the way he now wants!

I will most prob' get shot down in flames from Calibra fans

Not likely to be any of them around here!!!

I'm not all for being too snobby and eliteist at the competition but the Calibra was very widely regarded as not being much in the way of competition apart from in 4WD and Turbo form.

Would love a bit of a Calibra / Corrado shootout with some Calibra enthusiasts though as I know they've come on here once or twice to defend their choice of motor! :)

I can't see me being able to bring myself to defend a calibra......in any shape / form or model...........ever.

Her's why in case folk haven't read it already..........

its quite funny this thread, because when looking for a new car was torn between a calibra or corrado, i made the right choice.

couldn't live knowing that i had a calibra in the garage. specially has my old boss had one and he was well very weird to say the least