Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Door Removal

I need to remove my driver door soon to change the hinge pins. Is there a plug for the door wiring hidden in the rubber trunking between door and body? It would make alot of sense.

Ta

It would make alot of sense.

There must be a connection in it somewhere where you can break the cct.

Have a feeling you might be as well disconnecting the trunking and having a look for it.

Had to change the passenger side door on my VR a while ago after some little shite tried to break into it, buggered up all the old door frame / seals etc.

Don't know if yours is different but on my 92 VR i had to unplug each of the wiring harness's to the elec windows (switches & motors), mirrors, central locking etc & thread the whole harness & the tube to the central locking pump out (there was'nt one 'master' disconnector). p.s. was a bit of a bugger as well as had to wiggle some of the connectors like fu** to get them past the hole where the cable transit seal is.

If your just changing the door pins though you might be able to get away with just un-plugging everything, lift the harness from the door clips etc which might give you enough slack maybe to lift off the door and rest on the floor (standing up - propped against something) with the rest of the harness still inside the door.

p.s. make sure you've got some help to do this though as they are bloody heavy...don't drop it on your foot like i did!!!