Sign in to follow this  
jonrb

OEM+ - what wheels to move from 15" to 16" on a VR

I quite like the BBS VZ in 16" (the RZ isn't available in 16", it seems)

bbs_vz.jpg

Is 7.5x16 too wide though, considering the OEM is 6.5x15 ?

Hmm, not really my cup of tea, I'm afraid. :(

Like the Comp MO's, the spokes bulge out and that just doesn't do it for me. But it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing. :)

There is a wheel that looks similar to the Vento Cup wheel which is kinda OEM+, no pics but it's made by Ronal called the R41? Someone might have some pics? Comes in 16"

There is a wheel that looks similar to the Vento Cup wheel which is kinda OEM+, no pics but it's made by Ronal called the R41? Someone might have some pics? Comes in 16"

This one?

Well, I guess it is similar in the sense that it is round and has 5 spokes. hehe.gif

Has anyone mention Borbet C's yet? They are OEM looking and really suit the corrado. The blue C on the far left of today's banner has them on :)

Yes, I quite like the look of those, although they are 6-spoke.

Still, the Storm had the 6-spoke Solitudes so they are kind-of OEM+ :)

Yes, I quite like the look of those, although they are 6-spoke.

Still, the Storm had the 6-spoke Solitudes so they are kind-of OEM+ :)

Indeed :wink: but then they are quite a common choice of wheel where as if you could get some speedlines in 16" then yours would certainly be a unique corrado.

if you could get some speedlines in 16" then yours would certainly be a unique Corrado.

Unique apart from the other 5 sets that would exist as Speedline have a 6 set minimum order. ;) :D

Edit: Oh, and all the other 2110s in 16" that already exist. :)

(I know what you meant though)

Wierdly, I found my ride quality improved when I went from 15 to 16" - which had to be down to new Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres instead of the cheap rubber the previous owner had fitted to the original wheels.

I'll be selling my 16inch 6 spoke Compomotive MO's sadly. Let me know if you're interested.

Sadly I won't be in the new rims market until my bank balance improves around summer time (unless of course you want to sell them at bargain basement knock down prices!!).

Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman!

I'm still looking for 16" wheels. I've quite warmed to the Borbet C's mentioned earlier, but the Borbet site doesn't list them as being in production still.

Typically, the frankly gruesome Borbet A Carlos Fandango Super-Wide still is though (apologies to those that love 'em).

Another Borbet that caught my eye is the CB. Looks like a contender.

Borbet_CB16.JPG

Picture courtesy of the Borbet website.

i think those are pretty boring in my opinion - the speedlines look hard as nails - much much better.

i think those are pretty boring in my opinion

Perhaps you're right. They do look similar to the originals though.

I quite like the Borbet 'T' too actually

Borbet_T.jpg

those borbets look ok - but they will look very aftermarket imo

i think the original speedlines are excellent - must your choice be limited to 5 spokes?

Got a mint set of 16" Rx's spare that I might be willing to sell. I know they're not 5 spokes but they are certainly OEM+

Appreciate the offer, A1 VR6, but I'm not sure they're my cup of tea. Thanks for the offer though.

must your choice be limited to 5 spokes?

Not necessarily - I might consider a 6-spoke like the Borbet C - but I want something simple and un-fussy that suits the car.

The Vento Cup Speedlines look ideal but I fear rocking horse poop might be easier to find. ;)

I did make a Group Buy enquiry for 6 sets of Speedline 2110 in 16" but nobody seemed that interested and I sure as hell can't afford to buy 6 sets for myself.

2 sets I could justify (one with road tyres, the other with cup-type for track days) but no more than that.