Sign in to follow this  
jonrb

OEM+ - what wheels to move from 15" to 16" on a VR

theres just no point in that tbh. why don't you get comp mos 5-6 spokes. have a look on their website - you can get both with protruding spokes or inset spokes. inset being the nicest looking of course

You'll do well to find a set of 5stud Borbet Cs and no I'm not sellin :)

Got a mint set of 16" Rx's spare that I might be willing to sell. I know they're not 5 spokes but they are certainly OEM+

have you really....

theres just no point in that tbh. why don't you get comp mos 5-6 spokes. have a look on their website - you can get both with protruding spokes or inset spokes. inset being the nicest looking of course

Inset spokes, you say? I didn't realise you could get MOs with inset spokes - I thought they all bulged outwards. I'll have to look into that.

Ive just got a set of these in 16's Stretched tyres and 9j

Absolutly love em. Look awsome on a raddo as well :lol: :lol: 8)

Did anyone ever think anymore about a Group Buy for the Comp2s? If I were ever to move away from standard wheels, it'd be for those.

Got a mint set of 16" Rx's spare that I might be willing to sell. I know they're not 5 spokes but they are certainly OEM+

have you really....

Yes :lol:

Thats what i thought at 1st!

But i've convinced myself that they're Keskins with the big centre caps removed!?

Or my current favourite (and a good excuse for me not to get BBS LM's as they dont come in 16's!)

Keskin KT4....Rado_019.jpg[/attachment:0b94c]

I Love these wheels! - The Keskin KT4s I mean.

What size are they? I want to get my cheque book out and buy some now! Should I get them in 16" or 17"? What offset etc?!!!!

I'm starting to lean towards Compomotive MO but only if I can get sight of how flush or protruding the spokes are for a 16" in the correct size for my car.

Does anyone know what the correct offset might be? If the standard wheels are 6.5Jx15 ET43 then what might the adjusted offset for a 7x16 be?

I am increasingly of the opinion that 16's are the way to go following a few hours of searching for decent tyres for my 15's this weekend. Seems that 205/50/15 are becoming rapidly forgotton by the manufacturers! Anyone else finding this?

Pair of Exalto's on order this time, but I think I'll look to get hold of some 16" rims between now and the next set I need...

That's a bit of a blow. I too had pretty much decided that 16" was the way to go. But if the tyre choice is just as limited as with 15" then that kind of negates most of the reason for doing it. :(

a friend disagrees - but a few minutes looking shown me quite clearly that 17" wheels have all the options...

Maybe it's just me, but I've found 17's on a Corrado to look too big. Like when a 4 year old puts on his dad's boots for a laugh.

Anyone have any comparison pics before and after when going up to 17"?

Maybe it's just me, but I've found 17's on a Corrado to look too big. Like when a 4 year old puts on his dad's boots for a laugh.

Its not just you mate, i do like the look of some 17's on corrados like pretty much any BBS wheels (especially RC's and LM's) and i also like 17's with deep dish and flared arches etc but general 17" wheels dont do it for me which is why i am also going for 16's (selling my brocks :( ) in particular BBS RX2's from the golf mk3 anniversary!

And i already have the tyres on my brocks to go on (215/40/16) which were easily accessible enough in Toyo form :D

17" pic is not quite so good but to me these pics make a good case for 16s. (not that i didn't really like the bbs though)

The 15 speedlines look good on the corrado. Bit bored myself of the RXs, although they do look good. 15" is easier to find tyres for than 16". But prefer the look and feel of the 16"s tbh. 16" Mo's for me i think still

I did a quick check on http://www.blackcircles.com

For 205/50 R15 you get the choice of (amongst others)

* Bridgestone RE040

* Continental Premium Contact 2

* Dunlop SP Sport 01

* Goodyear NCT5

* Michelin Pilot Exalto 2

* Pirelli P6000

* Toyo Proxes T1-R (Reinforced)

For 205/45 R16 you get (amongst others)

* Bridgestone B340

* Bridgestone ER30

* Bridgestone ER300

* Continental SPORT-CONTACT

* Continental SPORT-CONTACT 2

* Dunlop SP2000 E

* Dunlop SP3000 A

* Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2

* Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

* Michelin Pilot Exalto 2

* Toyo Proxes T1-R (Reinforced)

* Yokohama S306

So you would appear to still get a similar choice and also get the option of the Eagle F1 GSD3, the latter making it almost worth doing depending on how long Goodyear continue to make it in that size.

thats more than i found! cool.

i was trying to find rainsports, potenzas and r888s. not sure what else on that list are good tyres - any suggestions?

I've used Toyo Proxes T1-R on several of my cars including the Corrado and have been very happy with them.

Can't really comment on the others.

Interestingly, according to http://www.toyo.co.uk/tyresales.php, the Toyo R888 is available in 205/50 R15 but not 205/45 R16.