Sign in to follow this  
tut_gareth

16V turbo conversion

hello,

what have i done!! :o

i have just bought a turbo conversion for my rado and it is a modified audi s2 kkk system with a g60 digifant 2 ecu (with a turbo chip....). not sure who its by but i beleive it came from austria or germany originally.

does anybody know about the audi s2 tubro or have any info about fitting the oil feeds to the turbo or just general info on fitting it?

also would a 16v kr head fit a G60 block to lower the compression ratio rather than using the supplied spacer and two headgaskets?

I've gotta turbo conversion on my G60 and when putting in the oil feeds, a tap was taken off of the top of the oil cooler. Most halfway decent car shops will have a catalogue you can look at to get a union from.

Also I'm pretty sure you can put a 16v head on a G60 bottom end, it's also possible to put G60 pistons in your KR bottom end.

Wouldn't worry about running G60 management, it's good for about 360bhp!

There's a German (or Austrian) guy called Joren(sp) Dik, who's been getting crazy horsepower with G60/16V for over 10 years now, it might be worth researching him.

cheers for that, i was thinking that it was possible to tap a feed from the output from the oil pump maybe, but the cooler sound good too.

as for the bottom end think the g60 piston route could be done as i'm going to rebuild the engine too.

with your conversion are you using the g60 throttle body? i have an s2 one also

does any one know of a decent exhaust fabricator in the surrey area that can make / modify a down pipe and maybe even a full system?

Hi mate,

The Audi setup is something I have been thinking about seriously as well.

On the back of the 16v head there is a oil temp sender used for the MAF, you can buy (think it is M10x1 - check vagcat), a splitter? of http://www.thinkauto.com/ so you can screw the temp sender back it and run a oil feed of it. The oil return will need to go to the sump!

fittning for the turbo can be purchased off http://www.034motorsport.com/.

As for water lines, there again some senders on the side of the block that can be used.

What did you get with your purchase? manifold, turbo, wastegate, downpipes??

i go t a g60 ecu with turbo chip, modified rs2 inlet with injectors, modified exhaust with wastegate and an rs2 down pipe to modify. also the KKK turbo, and a few oil fittings

i found it in a box at a friends garage and was rather intrigued, think there's probably a couple of bits missing.

Have a look at RPM Tuning for the best solution I have seen for the two water temp sensors relocation to the side of the head for a 16v car.

The other option for the turbo oil feed is to run it from the top of the oil filter housing, the front connection IIRC and use a G60 style setup. You can get the splitter unit from VAG so you still get the oil pressure switch too, should be a bit more pressure than running it from the head. Part no 030 103 717 for the splitter I think.

RPM Tuning

Sensor fitted to my 16vG60 engine (About half way down page)

Have a look at RPM Tuning for the best solution I have seen for the two water temp sensors relocation to the side of the head for a 16v car.

The other option for the turbo oil feed is to run it from the top of the oil filter housing, the front connection IIRC and use a G60 style setup. You can get the splitter unit from VAG so you still get the oil pressure switch too, should be a bit more pressure than running it from the head. Part no 030 103 717 for the splitter I think.

RPM Tuning

Sensor fitted to my 16vG60 engine (About half way down page)

Is this the Austrian site?

http://www.turbo-drive.at/TurboDrive/

Im guessing turbo'ing a valver engine is alot of cash then? How about a 16V G60? just looking to the future like!

IIRC from when I started pricing it up turboing is far cheaper than adding a supercharger.