Sign in to follow this  
flusted

JMR sloild engine mount

Ive just read on JTs forsale thread that the JMR solid engine mount is 20mm to short?

i recently bought 1 of these mounts secondhand and didnt realise this.

can i add a 20mm shim between the mount and the engine bracket?

20mm too short, or 20mm shorter than the OE mount?

It's normal for uprated mounts to be shorter as the material is less compressable and takes into account the OE mount's compressed height..... although I can't speak of JMR's as I haven't seen it.

I should imagine shimming it is possible.

any body got anymore knowledge on the mount buying this off jt as my front one is broken so figured better to buy this than a gsf one at twice the price

mmmm Bit of a contentious issue here but I binned my JMR front mount after it tore 3 mount brackets. I've now got an uprated one from G-werks which isn't expensive and FAR better - especially bearing in mind the torque I'm running!

I'm running a JMR mount on my 252BHP G60 with no problems whatsoever and have been for the last 30K miles... 8)

Make sure you've replaced the other 2 engine/gearbox mounts and the 4 rubber bushes that hold on the front cross member and you should have no problems... 8)

I'm running a JMR mount on my 252BHP G60 with no problems whatsoever and have been for the last 30K miles... 8)

Make sure you've replaced the other 2 engine/gearbox mounts and the 4 rubber bushes that hold on the front cross member and you should have no problems... 8)

I did all of that but still had alot of issues!!!!

But then I also have a much heavier right foot than you do!

I had one on my G60 and it was fine. It came loose once but some loctite and a socket with about 3 extention bars sorted that. No probs at all :)

EDIT: You want to ask LJ about how it's fairing now as he bought my car off me! 8)

heavier right foot Joe? Nah... only on public roads, but deffo not when I've been throwing it around tracks and the like... :twisted: