Sign in to follow this  
VR6 South

2.0 Valver What's it worth?

I was just getting back into my C today when a guy came up to me and asked if I wanted any spares. Turns out his mate is selling his K plate valver after a year as he doesn't like Corrados :roll: Turns out the Guy works for VW and wants to get shot ASAP. It has been serviced a main dealers for the past 3 years has 120k on it and drives well having taken it for a spin. The paint on both sides is shot and the drivers seat is tired, however the front end has been respayed, again at a main dealers, Sunroof is knacked and the clocks don't work otherwise it's solid with no rot or nasty noises. Even has four new tyres on the estorils which have been polished and it's MOT'd till Oct.

What do you think it's worth?

Hm.. valvers just don't seem to be getting mega money these days unless they're perfect.

I'd say £1000-£1500 tops really - sounds like it does need a good amount of work even if its a fairly solid car underneath.

He's been offered £500 from someone who can't get the cash together and I think I could get him down to that sort of money if I waved the money under his nose. It has FSH but he can't find it at the moment. I have asked him to give me a call if he can find it. It also has a Clifford alarm.

was gonna say £800 but if you can get it for 500 then even better, what you gonna do with it if you get it - repair or break?

I think ive seen this car at Peter Coopers in Pompey, it was December when mine was in for a service.

I cant remember if there was a price in the window though...

Hell, if you can get it for £500 then bag it! A replacement set of clocks & a moonroof would make you a profit if nothing else...

If you're looking at £800 then I'd buy it. But with your Corrado experience Id be looking at the usual stuff to go at that age/miles; how are the shocks, spoiler etc?

But at 120k miles, Id still expect it to be ok. Mines done 108 and the seat is fine. I'd be warey of a hard life; offer him buttons.

The real cruncher is that paint - surely it could cost between £1,000 to £2,000 to get a respray.

I'd tend to agree with £800 but anywhere between 5-800 sounds good but then again only you have seen it so someone else will no doubt value it differently.

If it's any help I paid £1200 for my K plate 139k valver and it needed some work but the paint work is pretty good.