Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

bloody god damn typical, modifiying never goes right...

Went to change my suspention today, front top bolts were giving me greif, went and brought a swan neck spanner, still didnt work, they didn't want to budge. so did bottom bolts, easy, then did back that was done in half hour, then back to front bolts, spent 4 hours messaing about with them, then one of the strut tops (with alan key hole in) breaks, so spent 1 hour trying to drill it out, still not done, gone through 5 dremmel cuttnig discs and wont budge. and thats on ONE STRUT top!!!!

I really hate changing things, i knew i'd run into some problem but it happens EVERY TIME!

Oh man, sorry to hear. I suppose I was lucky when I undid my top nuts with just a Lambda-probe socket and a 7 mm hexagonal-bit. Took a bit of force, but breaker bar times 2 did the trick.

The Clarke hollow socket and ratchet kit does miracles, or would have done miracles in my case, had I had one at the time. I now have a set, but that's the last set ever in the UK, as that kit has been discontinued.

Tempest

Some days you're the pigeon - and some days you're the statue! Have just spent the afternoon / evening helping out a few fellow forumers changing suspension on a MK3 Golf - took us 5 hours to remove all four corners, insert new struts and rebuild again! And that was with lots of chatting, drinking coffee (and mulled wine!) and just generally working with a few portable lights in the dark!