Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Master Cylinder Bleeding on VR6

Have just completed the upgrade to 288mm brakes and follwong the bleeding procedure have excess pedal travel.

Have bled at all calipers and the 2 nipples on the ABS block, definitely no bubbles and have ran through to good, clean fluid.

Ive had a good look through the search and see mentions of bleeding the master cylinder but cant find where to do this.

Any advice or tips would be good..

Tucked underneath the big plastic hose between the MAF and the throttle body there's a tiny bleed nipple on the end of the master cylinder. Easiest if you take off the plastic hose as it just gets in the way. 6mm spanner required IIRC and all your long pedal problems should go away!

Yep you definately need to bleed the master cylinder if you've lost a lot of fluid. I had exactly the same issues as you. Bleeding the MC sorted it right out.

Hoping to have a go at this in a few mins..

Ill post up later how i got on and what i think of the new 288s.

i did mine today, following the incident i had on saturday :( i bled the master cylinder first, then the ABS pump, then all 4 brake callipers starting with the one furthest away, i used a gunson easybleed (worth every penny) it took about 1hr to do, and the pedal is the firmest i have ever known a corrado brake pedal to be, i did it with the ignition turned on,but not with the engine turned on,

hope this may be of use??

karl :)

I did the master cylinder today and now it is lovely, loving the bigger brakes and the pedal feels great..

Cheers for the advice fellas...