Sign in to follow this  
blue95

Removal of Brake Regulator??

Its there to vary the braking force depending on the vehicle loading,i.e. under heavy braking the rear will rise and you will need less braking at the rear i.e.2 with a fully loaded rear end you would need more equally distributed brakes.

You will end up with excessive rear braking and you WILL loose control.

Why would you want to?

just wondered if these valves still work when the car is lowered?

Also if you have ABS will this not sense and adjust the rear braking?

Reason for asking is that I am changing the rear axle and did not want to pay for a new one :lol: thought it would make life easier with brake pipes etc

Also remeber reading in the Bentey (I think) that some Cs come without the regulator.

The brakes can have a variable regulator (the one on the axel) or valves in line.

Having your car lowered means you will have far more rear braking power,so you will need to adjust the regulator

The ABS on the corrado senses the wheels locking up(so it will lock up all the time on braking if the reg is not adjusted),it does not vary the braking efficiency like modern EPS systems that varies the brake loading to each wheel.

The inline valves are something that intreest me, just dont want a huge red handle in the cabin though! Can't seem to find anywhere that sells them though.

Are there are any ones that live under the car? as chances are I will never adjust it once it is set anyway.

I have not adjusted my regulator since I lowered it 40-50+mm, not had any problems with locking up yet though :lol:

Adjusting the rear brake bias valve after lowering the car is not a difficult task. I did this on mine immediately after I fitted the Koni coilies recently.

There's a rather extensive write-up on that here somewhere, too :-)

In effect, loosen the nut/bolt, with which you can tension and compress the spring on the bias valve. Make sure that when the C is standing on level ground (not jacked up) the spring is not quite under tension, then tighten the nut/bolt again. You can reach this nut/bolt lying next to the C on the floor, no need to jack up car (as that wouldn't work anyway).

Tempest