Sign in to follow this  
awigman

R/C Corrado

I have got a nitro r/c car and have been thinking about getting a corrado shell for it. Iv seen a few on ebay but was wondering if you can buy them anywhere else. Has anybody got one? Pictures would be great.

thanks

Corrado1.jpg

ignore the shocking paint job, this is a misfit shell so i was pissing about with it before doing the better one (still not got round to doing it!)

tamiya tt-01 chassis

That looks friggin awesome!

Ive been considering getting one, but have no idea whats good, and whats not. I also dont want to spend a $hit load, as ive seen them for £300 - £400!

Any suggestions? (this is for the actual car. not the shell)

Awigman, if you were really sad, you could make a replica of yours, just like herisites has done with his model...:p

Awigman, if you were really sad, you could make a replica of yours, just like herisites has done with his model...:p

:shock: well i never! Im not the only one, i have infact started a trend ... because im coooool :p :lol:

Corrado1.jpg

ignore the shocking paint job, this is a misfit shell so i was pissing about with it before doing the better one (still not got round to doing it!)

tamiya tt-01 chassis

are they 190mm shells, i have a tl-01 and have found most shells that say they fit, (from the hpi ones) all look shocking

i really shouldn't buy another shell but i want to now :lol:

where u buy em?

This brings back memories :D

The above shell is the one I had Keith from Kamtec models make, as you couldn't get one anywhere else, it took a few months to make and over 40 people off of this forum bought one in the GB I set up.

The ones you have seen on ebay will be taken from the same mold, as I dont know of anyone else that makes a corrado shell in 1/10th scale.

IIRC it was a tl-01 that Keith used. I just provided a schabak model and an hpi viper shell for him to work with.

Still pisses me off that he started selling the shells on ebay and his website though as the deal was I paid him £500 for the tooling and production of 40 shells and the sole rights to the mold for future purchases, but after a few months after the mold was complete he started selling them on ebay :mad:

This brings back memories :D

The above shell is the one I had Keith from Kamtec models make, as you couldn't get one anywhere else, it took a few months to make and over 40 people off of this forum bought one in the GB I set up.

The ones you have seen on ebay will be taken from the same mold, as I dont know of anyone else that makes a corrado shell in 1/10th scale.

IIRC it was a tl-01 that Keith used. I just provided a schabak model and an hpi viper shell for him to work with.

Still pisses me off that he started selling the shells on ebay and his website though as the deal was I paid him £500 for the tooling and production of 40 shells and the sole rights to the mold for future purchases, but after a few months after the mold was complete he started selling them on ebay :mad:

So do you have the mold then???

no he's still got itthats why he's still selling them, basically he ripped me off!!

Still got a few abs shells and a couple of lexan shells in the cupboard tho I think as momentos

g60greeny, loving that mate, didnt realise you could get modded zorts for rc carsQ!!

i had 2 of these corrado shells from the og group buy, they were quality, alas my driving was not so broke em and sold on flea bay :lol:

G60GREENY

thats a gangster whip man !!!! You go cruisin for ho's in it ??? HAHA.

Funnily enough i spray paint motorbikes for a living and i honed my airbrushing skills on RC cars, ill see if i can post a pic of one of my current cars. If anyone has a decent unpainted one of those rado shells ill buy it.

jimmi.......

that zaust is a homemade creation from the last owner,just replaced it with one thats like the orig.

i'm also on the look out for a rado shell for it 8)

G60GREENY

Funnily enough i spray paint motorbikes for a living and i honed my airbrushing skills on RC cars, ill see if i can post a pic of one of my current cars. If anyone has a decent unpainted one of those rado shells ill buy it.

jimmi.......

Jimmi do you race your 1/8th???

Check out here if you fancy a blaast: http://northernrc.com/index.php?&CODE=00

Just got myself a Kyosho MP777 8)

just had mine runnin for the 1st time 2day,feck me its fast :lol:

i only took it on the street for 30mins an managed to flip it once an wedge it under someones gate :lol:

That looks friggin awesome!

Ive been considering getting one, but have no idea whats good, and whats not. I also dont want to spend a $hit load, as ive seen them for £300 - £400!

Any suggestions? (this is for the actual car. not the shell)

tag models near me do a tamiya 1/10 scale 4wd complete setup for 100quid with fast charger,my mate just bought one we a skyline shell,looks right good an shifts for the money!!

just found a supercharger kit for my model :lol:

http://rbinnovations.com/catalog/produc ... ucts_id/36

metz, i'm gonna get one as soon as i get that nitro car i got off liam up an runnin :lol:

Banana Man, u got a spare u wanna sell me?

i spotted this one when searchin for them

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showth ... 91f&t=1553

this is my car @ the mo 8)

DSCN4438.jpg

DSCN4437.jpg

DSCN4436.jpg

DSCN4433.jpg

just replaced all the damaged bits an fitted a new zaust :D

Yeah might have would you want a lexan shell (paint inside) or ABS (paint outside)

I will have a look to see what I ve got left!!!

The abs ones are great jelly moulds :D

Ive got a Thunder Tiger DT10 (I think) Would a tarmac shell fit it with some new mounts? Wheelbase is 10.5" sise to side space between the wheels about 6.5"

G60GREENY

jimmi.......

Jimmi do you race your 1/8th???

Check out here if you fancy a blaast: http://northernrc.com/index.php?&CODE=00

Just got myself a Kyosho MP777 8)

Hi mate

id love to have the time to get into racing again mate but i have too many hobbies, i have raced my 1/8th a bit. Went to a place down doncaster way, (jct 20 or something or another its called) a few times last year and did a few events but the car has'nt even been ran since about june last year. Its a shame as its an absolute flyer, im running a Novarossi 421B with matching pipe. When i bought the motor and car in 05 it was pretty much the best of everything but suppose it will be old hat now. Ive got a TC4 running a brushless setup etc which has never turned a wheel, intended on getting back down too teeside to race that but have never had the time !!

Isnt there supposed to be a rallycross track being built @ karting north east in sunderland? i only live 1/2 a mile away from there, ill get some racing done if that materialises !

Jimmi..................