quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

Bonded the bit to the boot, just hope it is reliable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93079[/ATTACH]

All that hard work and this is what you can see!! Well, I did it for my own pride, not for the style.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93082[/ATTACH]

Only issue is that the boot isn't quite the same geometry as the metal one so the lock isn't latching perfectly so need to do some fetling on the striker I think.

The whole swap to carbon boot has not been easy. Lots of tweaks and bits needing doing to allowing the boot to be like OEM (trim fitted, lock working etc, rear plynth fitted). Not something I want to repeat. Price of being maybe the only one in the world?

Bonded the fixings for the release button and have most of the trim fitted. Job tomorrow is refit the lock linkage and try to bond the glass in. And a good vacuum/clean on the weekend.

Anyone heading to Stratford Upon Avon motor show this weekend?

Bonnet cable clip had broken again so after going through several of these I decided to bite the bullet and fit a gruven item. Sadly its designed for a LHD car but is adaptable to work on RHD, not ideal. With hindsight I would have made something myself.

Also, mini project that I shelved a while back...vented 280mm with cartridge bearings! Seem to work off the car so next is to finish the caliper and carrier refurbish and stick it on the car. I know its ott for a fwd but what can you do. They use a combination of parts from the polo parts bin, some bespoke brackets and shims. If this all works out I might consider making more bits for you lot ;-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93539[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93541[/ATTACH]

good you're still cracking on with it. Interested in pics of the gruven part.

Picked out some pictures of the Corrado at Diva Dubs and Rods this month..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93547[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93549[/ATTACH]

Picked out some pictures of the Corrado at Diva Dubs and Rods this month..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93547[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93549[/ATTACH]

Wow, stunning! Engine bay and cabin shots?

I do really like the RHs, wouldnt mind a set one day..

Don't really have any recent shots, no major change since last pictures, just dont know if they were under the old Photobucket account and cant be seen in this thread.

I am off to a show at the end of the month so will take some then for you. Trying to convince my missus to do a shoot on my car.

Still havent taken interior pictures but I'll make up for it by showing my latest upgrade

Vented 280mm rear discs with catridge bearings.

1 x Left polo hub carrier - 6N0501117 and 1 x Right hub carrier - 6N0501118 (from 6N 1998 - 2002)

2 x Hub bearings (5 stud) 6Q0598611, VKBA3567, R15731, 713610490, VKBA 3567 ( from polo 9N 2003 - 2009)

2 x 280x22mm vented discs (mine are from a 1.8 16v Toledo but lots of other VAG cars use these)

2 x Calipers and carriers suited to vented brakes (mine are from a Seat VRS, but lots of other VAG cars use these)

2 x Carrier brackets - beskoke

2 x ABS adaptor shims - bespoke

2 x ABS sensors (if you cant get the old ones out in one piece

Full rebuild of the calipers and carriers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94078[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]94084[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]94081[/ATTACH]

Polo hub carrier fitted

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94093[/ATTACH]

Polo Hub fitted with adaptor shim (pressed on, old polo magnet ring tapped off)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94096[/ATTACH]

ABS ring to be fitted onto adapter shim (polo hub diameter is just a little bit too small)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94099[/ATTACH]

Hub fitted to hub carrier

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94102[/ATTACH]

All assembled (due to the brake pads only sweeping the outside edge of the disk I painted the inner areas to help avoid rust. I also applied a light dusting of black to the rest of the disc for the same reason so that over time the only area exposes is where the pads rub against. Comparisson to before the conversion along with and overlay of the brake size difference.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94105[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]94090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]94087[/ATTACH]

All installed

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94108[/ATTACH]

Braking is now very good, I haven't yet been able to see what its like around corners on hard braking but straight line braking is very impressive. May be its just sub-conscious and having bled the brakes with fresh fluid might have helped but for sure these look much better behind the wheels.

If interested I could get a batch of the bespoke parts needed for the conversion made up but would need to understand interest and numbers in order to get a quote. I would imaging price for the bits to be between £40 and £80.

There are other ways to do a similar conversion such as using lupo rear brake carriers but these would offset the rears (make them stick out the arc more) and I don't think it allows for vented rears. This conversion in my opinion is the closest to OEM you can get.

Edited by quicky1980