Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

audioscape

anybody done this if so how much did you pay coz £170 is a bit much but still i wanna do this

also can you post pics of you audioscape installs......

cheers

chris

:wink:

well worth the cash. i cant say how much cash i got off cause i did a deal for them and more at inters. but i woulda paid the full 170. They are excellent. well solid. no worry's about creaking door bins vow nad the very nicely hold, and very firmly, my 6" Focals :D

chris..i want some too mate...if you phone them up see if they give discount to 2x buys of it? worth a try...its free delivery too. so its worth it i think.

I WANT E'M

(lol when someone starts to sell them on e-bay i bet all of us will bid against each other LOL it will be WAR :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i hopefully get my corrado out of thew garrgae on thurs day it has been in there for like 2 weeks also damm part is costing me £550 + vat and fitting charges....... but hopfully that fixes the car.......

Hey chris, do you use the car audio site? your name rings a bell??

I think everyone's want the door pods, they can be expensive...

Mod Edit: Not necessary or clever to fill a whole page up with smiley's.

People on 56k will love you especially.

VR6

Oh, and multiple accounts won't get you anywhere either, Chris.

Edit: Oh I apologise in advance if there does happen to be another Corrado fan in your household.

Yeah they can supply them with slots for electric window switches. They have recently updated the Corrado pods and they reckon they are one of the best they've ever done.

I had them in my mk2 Golf with Alpine components, absolutely brilliant they were (but a bit cheaper at £120)

I'm getting some as soon as I can afford, maybe we could set up a group buy?

Andy

Yeah they can supply them with slots for electric window switches. They have recently updated the Corrado pods and they reckon they are one of the best they've ever done.

I had them in my mk2 Golf with Alpine components, absolutely brilliant they were (but a bit cheaper at £120)

I'm getting some as soon as I can afford, maybe we could set up a group buy?

Andy

I'd be interested in a pair for my C if someone is going to set-up a grop buy.

How close do the speaker pods get to the parcel trays? I ask because im in the US and we got stuck with knee bars, and I dont know if Audiscape's items will clear.

I've enquired with Audioscape about a group buy discount.

They say they could offer a discount if we purchased matching speakers with the enclosures, such as Focal, Seas Lotus, and some other makes they supply.

I already have component speakers to go in them so its no good for me :( but if anyone else is still interested I will call them for details and the discount prices for a enclosure/speaker combo.

Cheers, Andy

AndyT, I been considering them for my MK2, the price has always put me off, I take it they are an excellent fit ? Could do with replacing the 5" with a 6" :wink:

Cheers,

Sparkyg60

Yeah the fit was excellent, perfect even where it blends around the profile of the door panel into the pocket.

They almost look standard fit, just nicer :)

When I bought them they did a Vinyl grain finish for £120, and Leather for £170, but the vinyl grain finish is excellent so I'd recommend those.

bear in mind if you ever took them off the door cards you'd be left with screw holes that wont be covered by the original pockets.

You wont be disappointed though, they sound brilliiant :)

Anyone have pics of these installed in a Corrado? I want to see if I have enough clearance with the US kneebars.

Can't see there being any problems, they're not a huge enclosure.

Can't you rip the kneebars out? I would!

From what i've heard cars in the US don't even have to go through an MOT test !

Audioscape are down the road from me, might pop down and check out the door builds as they look excellent.

So what are these Focals like then? I've got some Focal drive units in a pair of home speakers and they're OK, nothing special..... are the car ones any better then?

K

Can't see there being any problems, they're not a huge enclosure.

Can't you rip the kneebars out? I would!

From what i've heard cars in the US don't even have to go through an MOT test !

I wouldnt have any problems passing any sort of test if I had the knee bar removed, but its too much of a pain. Its one long bar that runs the width of the car. So even if I pulled it to put in trays, id also have to swap in a German/Canadian dash because of the cutouts on the side of it (either side of center console). They do, however help in collisions, protecting ure knees i guess. Though now I have harnesses installed so that may not be an issue any more. Who knows, I might just do it :)

dubster82, do you pics with the door closed? Id just like to get a better idea of how close they get to your trays.[/b]