Sign in to follow this  
CTWG60

Wot Not To Do...

It's not so much that they are cheap - But did you secure down the sides that cover teh headlights??? If you don't do that securely then they do make a bid for freedom at higher speeds!!!!!

That was my job the weekend just gone - it flew off on the Thursday :oops:

Quality :lol:

best one was my mates reiger grille (dirtysouth, on here) going to inters and it flew off and twatted our windscreen lol think it was in 05, guess what he bought at inters? lol

It's not so much that they are cheap - But did you secure down the sides that cover teh headlights??? If you don't do that securely then they do make a bid for freedom at higher speeds!!!!!

That was my job the weekend just gone - it flew off on the Thursday :oops:

Quality :lol:[/quote:9744d]

I don't think the Rover driver thought so :lol:

Dont park to close to the drive and stand by and watch your partner park her corsa b on the front bumper of your beloved C.

And then watch as she trys to back up of it .

not a good moment in my C ownership :(

Don't tell a 38 week pregnant wife you need a respray. In fact don't tell her anything! In fact just say as little as possible other than Ahhh and Ohh Dear and "Would you like me to get/do/make/fix anything"

don't spray carb cleaner around the inlet manifold with the engine running looking for air leaks when the exhaust manifold is glowing red hot :oops:

Dont top up the oil and forget to re fit the filler cap and the go for a rather 'spirited drive'.

And doesnt it make a mess of the under-bonnet foam ??

dont pull your rado off the road to break it, sell the drivers handle and then decide to put it back on the road.

yours truly guilty of that one

Don't forget to KISS your 39 week pregnant wife goodnight as a hug just isn't good enough :confused4:

Don't do any metal work on a corrado without thick gloves on. Your corrado may bite you :lol:

Medical superglue and a 90 minute wait would you beleive. Going to get a tube for the first aid kit save myself the trip :)

I can quite believe that. After a rowdy wedding, I woke up in a room to be confronted by the bloke in the next bed to mine covered in blood. Turned out he'd had fisty cuffs with another wedding guest and split his head open, naturally as most of the guests were doctors, surgeons and dentists, he was told that it as fine and passed out. Ended up supergluing him back together at the brides parents house. And we're still all banned from the chichester park hotel ;)

DON'T DON'T DON'T Take your vdo clocks out cause the faulty oil alarm keeps going off and is pissing you off, (and totally forget you have a small water leak, that turned into a big water leak) so that you have no warning you have no water in the rad and then drive 130 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£4600 later..............................................

DON'T DON'T DON'T Take your vdo clocks out cause the faulty oil alarm keeps going off and is pissing you off, (and totally forget you have a small water leak, that turned into a big water leak) so that you have no warning you have no water in the rad and then drive 130 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£4600 later..............................................

£4600? What happened did it catch fire? And you bought a new car?

No had the engine re-built, but then cause the engine got so hot had problem after problem after problem and went to far to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you say it, I know..................

Don't get up close and personal to your marine tank UV-B steriliser tube to read the model number to see if it starts with a "G" which would mean it is superbad for your eyes, whilst it is still on and wiping a load of ECU eproms for you to flash code to so you can drive to santa pod the next day.

Result unable to open your eyes at 2am because it feels like pixies have glued sandpaper to the inside of your eye lids. And not able to focus and keep eyes open to drive to Santa Pod at 8am. :cry:

You live and learn UV alright UV-B not alright!

Car drives well now though with it's new code and redtops. :luvlove: