Sign in to follow this  
jerseystorm

Storm Value

Hi all

I am looking at buying a VR6 Storm and would like some advise.

The car I am looking at is a immaculate '95 mystic blue storm. One female owner, under 30,000 miles on the clock with full service history.

Exterior no chips a couple of small scratches but only visable if you are looking for them, interior clean and all electrics in working order.

How much in your own opinions is this car worth, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

a future Corrado owner

if its a genuine storm and the mileage is also genuine and its got FVWSH to back this up and if its in A1 condition too then i would imagine anything between £8-£9k is what most people would be looking to sell for.............i paid £10.5k for mine from a lexus garage just over 2 years ago with FVWSH and 38k miles on it.....now that i've put it up to 62k miles(still FVWSH) and added a few subtle mods to it(milltek,koni coilovers,refurbed alloys etc)i wouldn't sell mine for anything less than £7.5k

It is definetely a Genuine Storm vr6storm, and they are asking just under 10k for it. I am well keen but on the other hand don't want to be ripped off !

Thanks for all your replies

It is definetely a Genuine Storm vr6storm, and they are asking just under 10k for it. I am well keen but on the other hand don't want to be ripped off !

Thanks for all your replies

at the end of the day its your money...........but be aware the only real difference between a storm and a good spec VR6 is a couple of badges,colour-coded grille,solitude wheels and if its mystic blue the paint :roll: .............so in effect your paying quite a bit of a premium for pretty minor cosmetic changes i would try them for under £9k if it was me

There's rare "P" plate Storm in the Autotrader at 6,495 with 79k on the clock. The service history has been lost and it has had 3 or 4 previous owners mmmmmm. I guess it is worth investing more money for a finer pedigree. You get what you pay for. If you are going to keep the car for a while and the miles low, I'd say it sounds a good investment.

vr6storm, You are right there are really only a couple of badges between a Storm and a leathered up VR6.The main difference is the exclusivity and collectability of a genuine Storm in years to come :shock: :)

VR6 South, As far as --- LOST---- history goes all you need to do is take the registration number of the vehicle into your friendly neighbourhood VW dealer and ask them to check the service history.They will be able to tell you exactly how much history has been--- LOST :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

IMO........ten grand is a lotta money to pay for a Corrado,great though they are you could get a whole host of german quality for that.....merc,bm etc

Jersey Storm,

That does sound like a gorgeous car. If the condition reflects the mileage then it could just be one of the nicest around. There are always people banging on about storms being just a couple of badges and a paint job away from a VR6- but its nice to have such an exclusive and rare VW super-coupe. Although I would say that cos thats what I have got :twisted: . Its worth checking the sills and rear tailgate still have the white factory stickers- Its a good way to ensure that the car hasn't been in anything too serious.

Good luck with it

Jersey Storm,

That does sound like a gorgeous car. If the condition reflects the mileage then it could just be one of the nicest around. There are always people banging on about storms being just a couple of badges and a paint job away from a VR6- but its nice to have such an exclusive and rare VW super-coupe. Although I would say that cos thats what I have got :twisted: . Its worth checking the sills and rear tailgate still have the white factory stickers- Its a good way to ensure that the car hasn't been in anything too serious.

Good luck with it

i ain't banging on about it :wink: ........IMHO its the truth.......if they made a bit more of an effort to make it rare and exclusive like they did with both Scirroco's then it really would be worth the massive premium over lesser VR's.......as i've always stressed i WOULD NEVER change mine for the world but at the same time its not that great a deal having a storm over a higher-specced VR6 like for instance andi's...........also believe it or not the rarest Corrado sold in 95/96 was the 8valve with i believe only 150 or so imported when Corrado production was confirmed as ending

There is a lot of truth in what you are saying Rodders , its just that I have always wanted a Corrado and so I was even more chuffed when I managed to get a Storm. What I am trying to say is even if it just a couple of badges and a paint job- it means more than that to me.

Have never seen a Scirroco storm though- They must be far rarer than the Corrados (aren't they) cos I have never seen one in my life- bet they were nice though.

Cheers

Well I have offered 9k for the mystic blue storm, they said its mine for 9.5k. Still very undecided I have been looking into insurance you may have seen another post of mine!

But what a coincidence today, my brother who is an auto electrician has been working on his mates classic green storm which he is looking to sell. 60,000 miles approx, 4 owners, no dings a couple of scratches but only noticible if your looking for them, so i'm taking a look this weekend :)

The only thing is i had my heart set on mystic blue since I have seen the other storm a couple of times, I have never really thought of buying a green car, but its always best to look at a few options.

I really do not know what to do, hopefully seeing this other one this weekend will make up my mind!

I hope so anyway :?

JerseyStorm

Well I have offered 9k for the mystic blue storm, they said its mine for 9.5k. Still very undecided I have been looking into insurance you may have seen another post of mine!

But what a coincidence today, my brother who is an auto electrician has been working on his mates classic green storm which he is looking to sell. 60,000 miles approx, 4 owners, no dings a couple of scratches but only noticible if your looking for them, so i'm taking a look this weekend :)

The only thing is i had my heart set on mystic blue since I have seen the other storm a couple of times, I have never really thought of buying a green car, but its always best to look at a few options.

I really do not know what to do, hopefully seeing this other one this weekend will make up my mind!

I hope so anyway :?

JerseyStorm

i too was always after a mystic blue storm and seen my current storm advertised and thought about just having a look.....well as they say the rest is history :wink: ...IMO classic green and beige leather really do work well and are worth considering however the mystic blue and black leather IMO really make the car and should be a hell of a lot easier than the beige to keep clean which at times can be a right pain in the a*** to do...........IMHO £9.5k seems a bit on the steep side even with the lowish miles on it i would keep with your offer of £9k TBH......though whatever you're happy with then its your money etc.......but have a look at the classic green one as a comparison

Have never seen a Scirroco storm though- They must be far rarer than the Corrados (aren't they) cos I have never seen one in my life- bet they were nice though.

Cheers

Take a look at http://www.jrb.info in the car pages section.... Ain't she a beauty :lol:

Strangely, there were a lot more Scirocco Storms than Corrado Storms (2,000 Mk1s and 600 Mk2s against 500 Corrados), but they were a lot more exclusive than the Corrados, rather than a "parts-bin raid" ;)

Thanks for your help I have seen your car pages, I can get to all the other pages like the scirocco and landie but not the corrado, just thought i'd let you know so you can fix it. Let me know when its back i'm keen for a butchers!

Take a look at http://www.jrb.info in the car pages section.... Ain't she a beauty

Yes you are right there- It is a cracking looking car :D . Might be worth getting a shot with the leather interior up on the site. My brother has a scirroco and I bet the leather trim makes a big difference to the feel of the cabin.

Cheers

Mike